Rift S: Worthlessly Disappointing

I've tried every other forum and Oculus support, but found nothing helpful, so I'm giving this forum a shot.

Long story short, I've run into numerous points where the system would stop tracking my controllers when I'm in-game. I could still rotate my digital hands in any direction, but my system can't track my head movements and my controllers stick to the point they were at when the tracking was lost. I don't know what else to try. I've tried everything I could possibly find online in forums and tutorials.

I bought my Oculus Rift S back in August, and it *IMMEDIATELY* bugged out on me by losing tracking in both controllers after about 30 or so minutes of playing.
I returned the first one and got a replacement, hoping that all I had was a defective unit.
Come to find out, a week into using the new model: History repeated itself and I was faced with immediate tracking issues.
The pass-through mode was only static, tipping me off to the issue being with my USB ports on my PC.
I got a PCI powered and non-powered expansion card, but that didn't fix the issue. So a failed fix, and $65 later, I tried the typical "turn off power limiting settings in Windows" trick. Nothing.
My PC is up to date, Nvidia drivers installed and updated, power management set to "f*ck you PC, you're my slave: DO WHAT I SAY"... And nothing is fixed.

I'm about 4 days away from returning this POS to the Best Buy I got it from, and giving up on VR. I had such high hopes for it, hearing about it from colleagues and friends who had it. Unfortunately, this has brought me to the point where I'm debating on whether or not to actually just full-on DESTROY the thing out of rage.

Has anyone else had the same issue in the past? Oculus claims its a firmware issue, but I find that very hard to believe. It's not NEW, so it shouldn't bug out as often as it does!

I've got to say, in my 23 years on this planet, I've never been so disappointed and rage-filled over anything else tech-related in my life.

Aspiring IT technician... The AF is getting in the way. Poet and PC enthusiast (of a lower caliber, so-to say) :)

I bought the Rift S for my wife. She had issues at the beginning with the controllers but she got them fixed. Not sure what she did but we have zero issues with ours. I will ask her when she wakes up how she fixed them if she remembers. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

I also purchased a Rift S not too long ago and have run into many issues but this is literally what it boils down to: your computer is not handling the usb 3 extension correctly.

For the first week I had the Rift S I constantly got headset not connected, no dp connection, and the headset would go black every couple of minutes. I purchased a 4 usb 3.0 expansion card that was on sale last week and that fixed all my problems. I sometimes get no dp connection error but simply unplugging the usb 3 and plugging it back in fixes it.

There are lots of issues with the Rift S but, given for how cheap it is, I'll deal with the haggle every now and then it gives me.

If you want something more concrete with better support you're gonna have to shell out some more cash

I fix computers for a government that is garbage. I'm also a certified security professional according to Comptia

Using my paycheck on computer parts and alcohol and since this is a tech form I'll help with computer stuff I guess