I have one ssd working but every time I plug a different hard drive in they Brick

g0hst

So for boxing day I decided I wanted to go out and buy a rtx 2070 and a new power supply, So I did. When I brought it home I took out my old power supply and put the new one in and did the same with the gpu, Then I booted my pc to see I only had one drive working, my os drive. So I took my other 2 drives out and put them in the toaster and they weren’t recognized. At this point I was very confused but assumed it had something to do with the hard drives so I went back out and bought a 2tb ssd plugged it in and it bricked. So I was like wtf why is everything being brutally murdered when I plug it in so I grabbed another old hard drive that still worked, unplugged my working ssd and plugged in the old hard drive and it bricked to. So now i’m stuck here with a single working ssd and no other hard drives want to work on my pc. Not to mention my hue+ also stopped working for some reason. Please help!

4 minutes ago, g0hst said:

So for boxing day I decided I wanted to go out and buy a rtx 2070 and a new power supply, So I did. When I brought it home I took out my old power supply and put the new one in and did the same with the gpu, Then I booted my pc to see I only had one drive working, my os drive. So I took my other 2 drives out and put them in the toaster and they weren’t recognized. At this point I was very confused but assumed it had something to do with the hard drives so I went back out and bought a 2tb ssd plugged it in and it bricked. So I was like wtf why is everything being brutally murdered when I plug it in so I grabbed another old hard drive that still worked, unplugged my working ssd and plugged in the old hard drive and it bricked to. So now i’m stuck here with a single working ssd and no other hard drives want to work on my pc. Not to mention my hue+ also stopped working for some reason. Please help!

Define "they bricked". What are they doing? Also, please list your system specs so we have an idea of what we are working with here.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

8 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

Define "they bricked". What are they doing? Also, please list your system specs so we have an idea of what we are working with here.

They bricked: they are completely dead essentially bricks. When I have it in the testing thing it says unknown and when You try to initialize it just says "its not ready yet" or something along those lines
Specs

i5-7500

Nvidia Evga Rtx 2070 Super
Motherboard:Gigabyte Z270P-D3

PSU: Gigabyte G750H 80 plus gold

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 16gb which I just checked and appears to be running at 1200mhz now when a few days ago it was running at 2400mhz

Storage: samsung ssd EVO evo 250gb (running)

WD blue 2tb(dead)
WD blue 1tb(Dead)
WD blue ssd 2tb (dead)

And 2 other hard drive i had lying around which also died but I'm not sure what they were

Check these drives on other PC. I find it hard that your psu would brick hard drives just on the startup. I mean its possible, but well while under crossload if your psu is bad quality. 

And last question: Have you changed the cables when you've changed the psu? I mean you probably did that, right?

Is your OS drive a M.2 drive and it's disabling the SATA ports you're plugging the other drives into?

I didn't see where you list the OS drive, sorry if I missed it.

6 hours ago, Lorant said:

Is your OS drive a M.2 drive and it's disabling the SATA ports you're plugging the other drives into?

I didn't see where you list the OS drive, sorry if I missed it.

I don't have an m.2 so my boot drive is the samsung evo

6 hours ago, RainingTacco said:

Check these drives on other PC. I find it hard that your psu would brick hard drives just on the startup. I mean its possible, but well while under crossload if your psu is bad quality. 

And last question: Have you changed the cables when you've changed the psu? I mean you probably did that, right?

I tried the drives that appeared to be broken in an external hard drive thing on a separate laptop and they weren't working and when I was testing it with old drives I made sure to try the drive on the laptop and make sure they work(which they did) and then I put them into my pc and they weren't coming up so I tried the drive again on the laptop and it was dead. And yes I tried my drives with other cables

this is the psu

https://www.gigabyte.com/ca/Power-Supply/G750H#kf