PC slowing down then freezes with black screen

Started a few days ago my pc will randomly start to slow down and then it will freeze with black screen in both my monitors.

Most of the time that I'm using my pc, I'll be playing games, but every time that this happened I was either watching netflix or watching youtube/streams, never happened while gaming.

My PC is relatively new, but I'm using a PSU from my old PC (bought in 2016), and a HDD that I had problems with. The problem with the HDD was that sometimes it wouldn't show up as a connected device and when I tried to format it would take a long time and fail occasionally. I use the HDD only to store games and it never crashed while playing, that's why I have it connected to my pc still.

Because it happens randomly the only thing that I noticed is that the CPU usage goes to 80-100% before the pc freezes and goes to black screen.

I'm guessing that my PSU is dying but I'm not sure, is there a way to test it?

PC:

Ryzen 5 3600

ASUS b450m gaming br

Team Group T-Force 16gb RAM (2x8gb)

ZOTAC RTX 2060

XFX 600W XT BRONZE

WD Green 240GB M.2

Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue

100% cpu usage certainly isn’t normal for video.  That should take almost nothing.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

15 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

100% cpu usage certainly isn’t normal for video.  That should take almost nothing.

I think it only happened 3-4 times, the last time was right before my post. I was watching youtube but the usage wasn't on chrome, I didn't manage to see where the usage was because the screen went black right after. The other times it froze, I waited and it came back but this time I had to reset the computer