Fractal Design Define C, rampage 5

Winther

Can anyone tell me if the Ramapge 5 can fit in the Define C? 

It probably doesn't list it or support it officially, but just wondering if anyone has done it anyways, and it phusically fits in the case. 

(Comming soon)

So will the case fix eatx even though it’s listed as atx..  I don’t know for sure but my suspicion is the answer is actually “no” simply because if it fix eatx they would list it.  The standoffs for atx and eatx are the same iirc.  IF it can be made to fit eatx my suspicion is that it’s going to eat into the space meant for other things.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I dont know if it's still like this, but alot of cases will not list EATX, as officially supported, maybe becuase they partially block cable management holes, but alot of them do. The two cases I have used for EATX didnt list it as supported, but it worked fine.

(Comming soon)

Yes but also no. 

EATX is a weird form factor. True EATX is very similar to SSI EEB or CEB (I forget which). Many "EATX" mobos are more of just a "thicc ATX" board. If it's one of the wide ATX ones, it might be able to fit, depending on orientation of ports, how wide it actually is, whether or not the mobo tray in the case is recessed, and if it is then how much you're willing to cut out of your case. 

@TVwazhere should be able to give a more specific answer for the Define C, he usually knows the cases ?

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Its a Rampage 5 motherboard, so its, as far as I know, judt a wide ATX board. 

The Define C tray looks to be raised from the rest of the case, so im pretty sure it would work. 

Thanks for the reply! 

(Comming soon)

4 minutes ago, Winther said:

The Define C tray looks to be raised from the rest of the case, so im pretty sure it would work. 

Thanks for the reply! 

You're welcome! Also ooooo I may be able to do more. That looks very similar to the Define S? Do they use the same mobo tray? I have a Define S and an EATX (wide ATX) EVGA X58 board lying around (Classified SLI 3-Way), I can test fit that and see if it blocks any ports or not once I get home tonight, would only take a couple minutes. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

20 hours ago, Winther said:

This board will not fit. Its 272mm wide (10.7"), The case only supports 9.6" because of the lowered motherboard tray. (Or, the part of the motherboard tray towards the front is raised, whichever way you prefer to view it)

A case similar to the Meshify C that should fit is the P400A which can hold exactly a 272mm wide motherboard. I'd suggest the Enthoo Pro M TG too, but officially that can only hold up to a 264mm long board. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25