LTE on budget phones could be a thing !

Ebenesh

broadcom_chip_bcm2049.jpg

Broadcom just-revealed M320 and M340 system-on-chip which could bring 4G at a more affordable  price point. The new processors, both the dual core(M320) and the quad core (M340) have 150Mbps LTE radios, making it easier for small firms to ship cheap handsets (Broadcom expects sub-$300 pricing). Best of all these processors are also integrated with Android 4.4 Kitkat making it a well built all round package.

Source: Engadget, TechAlways

That is very good. But what is the lowest price we can expect? I am poor and I don't like spending money.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

That is very good. But what is the lowest price we can expect? I am poor and I don't like spending money.

"Broadcom expects sub-$300 pricing"

never understood why people LOVE 4G

im getting 7 down on HSPA which im more than enough

i understand why faster internet in the future is important but right now nothing really takes advantage of the full power of 4G

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

NO! There should not be LTE on any phone that is not a Samsung,Nokia,HTC, Apple, or Sony. Like only phones made for major carriers that are put on budget phone carriers should have LTE like the S4 or the iphone

apple.com

NO! There should not be LTE on any phone that is not a Samsung,Nokia,HTC, Apple, or Sony. Like only phones made for major carriers that are put on budget phone carriers should have LTE like the S4 or the iphone

you should add /s at the end so people can know your sarcastic

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

you should add /s at the end so people can know your sarcastic

I am not being sarcastic

apple.com

kden

because there are other nice manufacturers outside of who you mentioned

Like Oppo, Motorola, and LG

kden

because there are other nice manufacturers outside of who you mentioned

Like Oppo, Motorola, and LG

sorry your right about me forgetting those other companies but oppo is more other countries device.

apple.com

I am not being sarcastic

why shouldnt there be no 4G on other phones ?

because they will not be covered by the carrier

which carriers ?

sorry you right about me forgetting those other companies but oppo is more other countries device.

ever heard of shipping, it's how things get to other places

this would be awesome 4g would actually make sense in areas where its not as available like in my town i only get 4g while at work but 2 miles away at home i dont its only in one area but i still have to pay for it even though i can only use it sparingly so making phones cheaper to use better infrastructure gets a thumbs up from

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

let me guess you are from the US? take a stab at how many other countries are in the entire globe, a good chunk of those countries have much more enlightened business practices.

Its the countries infrastructure that matters not the specific carriers. Plus Carriers and manufacturers are, for the most part, connected other than exclusive deals etc. At least not in Ireland.

Ireland and most of Europe, America and so on have 4g... in fact, here: (Red is 4G)

800px-3GPP_Long_Term_Evolution_Country_M

Source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTE_(telecommunication)

Where there is 4G there is a market for cheap 4G phones

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

ever heard of shipping, it's how things get to other places

but they are not 4G LTE in the u.s

apple.com

Its the countries infrastructure that matters not the specific carriers. Plus Carriers and manufacturers are, for the most part, connected other than exclusive deals etc. At least not in Ireland.

Ireland and most of Europe, America and so on have 4g... in fact, here: (Red is 4G)

Source:

that is fake, i looked at a coverage map for t-mobile and I did not even get 1G where I live or am all the time.

apple.com

let me guess you are from the US? take a stab at how many other countries are in the entire globe, a good chunk of those countries have much more enlightened business practices.

what country are u from? and what?

apple.com

that is fake, i looked at a coverage map for t-mobile and I did not even get 1G where I live or am all the time.

And T-Mobile are the only mobile provider in your country?  <_<

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

In Canada, the cost of the phone itself is almost irreverent to the cost of the plan, especially with data.  While I have an LTE capable phone, I only have 1GB/mo which is used up by email, facebook etc. which 4G doesn't help really.  That 1GB of data and the rest of my mediocre plan costs me $65/mo.  People signing up now get even less data for that price.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Source:

India has LTE ???? Really ? Im in India... I don't see any LTE 

"Broadcom expects sub-$300 pricing"

never understood why people LOVE 4G

im getting 7 down on HSPA which im more than enough

i understand why faster internet in the future is important but right now nothing really takes advantage of the full power of 4G

So you don't understand 50 Mb down and ~30 ms ping?

LTE has the potential to bring decent connection to rural underdeveloped areas which don't have enough population for the ISP's to justify the cost to lay down fibre. Also, it is much better for carriers as it is cheaper to operate, requires less hardware than HSPA/HSDPA and is entirely IP based, while the older systems aren't. Carriers will eventually push to LTE everywhere, because it's in their interest to do it. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Isn't this good for carriers for infrastructure reasons? Not to deliver more bandwidth to single customers but to have more bandwidth overall and hence more customer capacity on less towers so eventually becoming more cost effective for them?

-------

Current Rig

-------

So you don't understand 50 Mb down and ~30 ms ping?

LTE has the potential to bring decent connection to rural underdeveloped areas which don't have enough population for the ISP's to justify the cost to lay down fibre. Also, it is much better for carriers as it is cheaper to operate, requires less hardware than HSPA/HSDPA and is entirely IP based, while the older systems aren't. Carriers will eventually push to LTE everywhere, because it's in their interest to do it. 

That argument I don't understand: They don't offer bandwidth caps with mobile internet, they offer data caps: it means that it's not a viable alternative to even the slowest of traditional ISP connections on rural areas and actually, higher speed would mean that you would run out of data capacity that much faster.

-------

Current Rig

-------