Looking for a sequentional numbering macro

Ficeq
Go to solution Solved by minibois,

This AutoHotKey Script should do the trick:

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

StartingNumber = 0

; When you press a certain button(s) (Numpad 0 in this case)
Numpad0::
	Send, %StartingNumber%
	StartingNumber++
Return

Just fill in what number to start at and press the desired key to print said number. Every subsequent keypress will print the next number.

This script will require AutoHotKey to be installed.

Simply install AHK, right click on the desktop, New > AHK Script, paste this in the script, save, double click to run and you can use this.

But depending on the program you're using to number, it might be possible to make a batch/powershell script to automate this too. Especially if you have to number thousands of questions.

Hello, I am numbering several thousand test questions in windows program iSpring Quizmaker and I would love to save some time.

So far, I have to select the question and manually write for example 1457., select another question and write 1458. and so on....

Is there any simple macro tool or trick that would let me press one hotkey to write " (last_number +1) so it would be much faster? Thanks in advance.

I have a razer naga hex mouse + SW if that helps.

This AutoHotKey Script should do the trick:

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

StartingNumber = 0

; When you press a certain button(s) (Numpad 0 in this case)
Numpad0::
	Send, %StartingNumber%
	StartingNumber++
Return

Just fill in what number to start at and press the desired key to print said number. Every subsequent keypress will print the next number.

This script will require AutoHotKey to be installed.

Simply install AHK, right click on the desktop, New > AHK Script, paste this in the script, save, double click to run and you can use this.

But depending on the program you're using to number, it might be possible to make a batch/powershell script to automate this too. Especially if you have to number thousands of questions.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If you're in a program why not just keep a global counter then adds one after each question is displayed?

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Thank you minibois that did the trick, I only wish I would have asked sooner :)

vorticalbox Im not developing the program Im just using it and I can see question numbers when Im working on the test but when it is presented to actual let say student the numbers are hidden and I would like to have the opportunity to just be given question number if it is wrong for example.