Is this PC worth buying?

So a buddy of mine bought a gaming pc like two years (corrrection) ago for a $1,000 (includes a monitor) and has decided to sell it for $400. What do y'all think, is it worth it?

Screenshot_20191222-180412_Samsung Internet.jpg

There's no way he spent $1000 a year ago on this thing. If he did, he got ripped off hard.
No, it's not worth $400. That CPU is ancient and the GTX 1050 is pretty low end.

The bottom paragraph makes me want to avoid it already!

But I don't think it's worth it to go FX 8300 in 2019/almost 2020 anymore. It just doesn't hold up in modern games and the GTX 1050 doesn't help either.

To be honest, i think you could throw in an extra 200 bucks and build a much better NEW system.

A system like the one in the screenshot would be worth 200 USD at the most to me.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Absolutely not worth barely $200

Given ANY choice I'd rather a Used DELLBOX vs That PC.

DellMini i7 Quad+HT and a Low profile 1050ti/1650

Dell Medium Tower i7+HT and Midsized GPUs like a RX570 4GB-8GB

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Even a cheap used Dell prebuilt with Sandy/Ivy Bridge CPU would outperform the FX8300, throw in a half-decent used GPU like the RX570 and you'll have a much better gaming system for the same price

If your friend really paid $1000 for it (even if 2 years ago), he got ripped off hard.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

$150 max, and that should include peripherals. (And that is assuming it's got a decent PSU!)

You're looking at a low/med settings 1080p gaming rig here.

He's better off parting it out.