RTX 2070 Super Questions

Arkhipov_NZ
Go to solution Solved by minibois,
4 minutes ago, Arkhipov_NZ said:

Q1. Would it be overkill to get one as i have a 1080p 144hz monitor?

Q2. Am i going to get bottlenecked by my CPU (Intel i5-8400)?

Q3. Will i need to get more cooling fans in my case? I have a 120mm intake fan at the front and a 120mm exhaust fan at the back. (I have a Silverstone RL06 case)

1. From my research, the 2070 Super (and 5700XT) is the first card to reach a stable 144fps at 1080p Ultra in some of the current games. So it depends on what you will play on the card.

For a lot of games it will be Overkill, especially so since High and Ultra graphics often look very similar, but high has a lot more fps.

2. Depends on the game again, but there will be no catastrophic loss of fps (except for games like CSGO that mostly care about CPU)

3. My 2070 Super runs pretty quiet and cool.

I have a case with reasonable airflow, with a 120mm exhaust and a 140mm intake (both running somewhat slow) and I experience really good temperatures (max 70 C on the card at full load, on an XC Gaming card from EVGA. There is some coil whine though).

I have a few questions about the RTX 2070 Super as i am thinking of purchasing one.

Q3. Will i need to get more cooling fans in my case? I have a 120mm intake fan at the front and a 120mm exhaust fan at the back. (I have a Silverstone RL06 case)

Hello,

6 minutes ago, Arkhipov_NZ said:

Yes but then you'll have a smooth 144Hz on ultra all the time (or close).

6 minutes ago, Arkhipov_NZ said:

I think not realy.

7 minutes ago, Arkhipov_NZ said:

More fan is always a good thing but unless you get a bad 2070S it should be good.

4 minutes ago, Arkhipov_NZ said:

1. From my research, the 2070 Super (and 5700XT) is the first card to reach a stable 144fps at 1080p Ultra in some of the current games. So it depends on what you will play on the card.

For a lot of games it will be Overkill, especially so since High and Ultra graphics often look very similar, but high has a lot more fps.

2. Depends on the game again, but there will be no catastrophic loss of fps (except for games like CSGO that mostly care about CPU)

3. My 2070 Super runs pretty quiet and cool.

I have a case with reasonable airflow, with a 120mm exhaust and a 140mm intake (both running somewhat slow) and I experience really good temperatures (max 70 C on the card at full load, on an XC Gaming card from EVGA. There is some coil whine though).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/