Help! Stutters!!!!!!!!! RUN!!!!!!!

JigglyPuff
Go to solution Solved by JigglyPuff,
7 hours ago, ShearMe said:

Did you try the steps in the article?

Ok guys I'm really sorry....

It turned out to be the two spike gaurds I had in my house were both supplying uneven voltage...causing the GPU to mess up. So I'm gonna buy a new one now. I'm really sorry i over looked something so trivial and I'm also gonna apologize for wasting everyone's time and efforts. I thankyou all very much.

Just now, JigglyPuff said:

but i did replace my 2070 with my friend's 1060 and i used ddu to uninstall the drivers and installed new ones for the 1060, the stutters were still there.

Yep, it might be just faulty PSU, find literally any other PSU just to test if stutters will be gone.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

1 hour ago, JigglyPuff said:

yes sir, they have been updated. Would be pretty weird if it was a mobo issue since i changed my mobo because i thought it could be my motherboard that's  messed up 

Well...  It could still be... also PSU... 

The only thing you didn't change is CPU? 

So it maybe is that...  Indeed a messed up situation for sure. 

Motherboard settings are at default? 

I noticed if you play around to much in BIOS it can actually make performance worse... 

The distributed COM stuff is completely normal for Windows tho...  I don't think there's anything to see here tbh:

57 minutes ago, JigglyPuff said:

also some one told me to check event viewer  and there was this

image.thumb.png.25077c8093516316108226d95e8aed06.png

image.thumb.png.6a5dbe129c07fd5a89c835f177adeb57.png

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

What FPS do you get before, during and after stutter?

What about CPU usages?

What are you doing during the stutter?

How much RAM do you have? what is the untilisation?

What are your hard drives like? How are they performing?

Does it still happen when totally offline?

Can you replicate it in benchmark/stress test software?

What is the CPU load like?

Can you remove all overclock and go back to stock for Ram, CPU and GPU etc?

What is the electricity supply like? What is your PSU like?

You May have answered some before but I would ask all these and a few more before spending money on things. Rarely is it a MoBo, CPU or GPU thing. Usually it’s power, OC or hard drive/RAM/cache issue.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

4 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Well...  It could still be... also PSU... 

The only thing you didn't change is CPU? 

So it maybe is that...  Indeed a messed up situation for sure. 

Motherboard settings are at default? 

I noticed if you play around to much in BIOS it can actually make performance worse... 

The distributed COM stuff is completely normal for Windows tho...  I don't think there's anything to see here tbh:

the cpu was just rma'ed and was tested before i installed it on the new mobo

8 minutes ago, JigglyPuff said:

the cpu was just rma'ed and was tested before i installed it on the new mobo

We have way too little info about your settings,  utilization etc. 

Can you answer these questions please? 

12 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

What about CPU usages?

You May have answered some before but I would ask all these and a few more before spending money on things.

Additionally:  are your BIOS settings at default values? (it's still not clear to me,  it's important they're at default values while trouble shooting a problem) 

Also can you run timespy and post the complete results here?  It's sometimes helpful to figure out which parts are under performing. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

4 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

What about CPU usages?

You May have answered some before but I would ask all these and a few more before spending money on things. Rarely is it a MoBo, CPU or GPU thing. Usually it’s power, OC or hard drive/RAM/cache issue.

the fps i get is during the stutter just drops to like very low fps, for example something like 7 or 15fps (nothing concrete) and then it continues being normal, cpu usages stay normal, even the gpu usage stays normal at like 97 or 100 then will suddenly drop to a very low number, quickly coming back up. i have about 16gigs of ddr4 ram 3200mhz, operating at that speed. Offline or online doesn't matter, stutters either way, will even stutter while im just renaming a file. I did replicate it and sent the data over to the officials at msi and even sent them clips showing stutter, they tested it and said, it wasn't the gpu. I can indeed remove all my overclocks as my cpu, ram and gpu are running at default settings( so thats already taken care of). the electricty supply is very stable, we almost never have power outages in the part of mumbai i live in, my psu as i said is a gigabyte b700h and i bought is a few months ago since with my old psu there was no output to my mouse , keyboard or the monitor.  However i have not replaced the psu and tested it with a different one for the lack of access to another psu 

13 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Additionally:  are your BIOS settings at default values? (it's still not clear to me,  it's important they're at default values while trouble shooting a problem) 

Also can you run timespy and post the complete results here?  It's sometimes helpful to figure out which parts are under performing. 

yes my bios settings are at default, i just changed the ram frequency to 3200mhz when i upgraded to the new mobo since the b350 only supported 3000mhz rest of it post me setting the xmp to auto is at default

16 minutes ago, JigglyPuff said:

yes my bios settings are at default, i just changed the ram frequency to 3200mhz when i upgraded to the new mobo since the b350 only supported 3000mhz rest of it post me setting the xmp to auto is at default

Hmm, ok and the RAM is rated for that speed I suppose?  Can you try this, see if it fixes it? 

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1256

I had similar issues you describe and this *completely* fixed them and there is no negative impact on anything using this as far I'm aware. PC feels a lot snappier too!

These are my settings BTW,  leave everything on the right side at default though. 

IMG_20191219_145332.thumb.jpg.8e60b72a5640a106b9c857f65465bfa1.jpg

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

20 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Hmm, ok and the RAM is rated for that speed I suppose?  Can you try this, see if it fixes it?

I agree, this needs looking at as a potential solution. 

I still wouldn’t rule out storage and what you have pointed where. 

I had a drive crawl to a stop as I accidentally pointed some hidden user profile folders to a HDD instead of my SSD. Windows did not like one bit!

I also had theses issues once but solved it as the graphics card profile was grinding to a halt due to thermal issues. I had been messing around and not set the profile back to default. 

I would check out to make sure there isn’t any weird thermal throttling, esp if your GPU is up at 100%. Mine sits at 97/98% but never hits 100

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

52 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

ok and the RAM is rated for that speed I suppose?  Can you try this, see if it fixes

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

im sorry for the shitty quality but this is where i can see the usage and the frame rate dropping this is exhibit 1

4 minutes ago, JigglyPuff said:

im sorry for the shitty quality but this is where i can see the usage and the frame rate dropping this is exhibit 1

All of your data on the M.2?  Is your M.2 somehow sharing PCIe lanes with anything else on your setup?  After perusing a few peoples post Im going to assume you have a memory or storage issue based on my perusal.  

Run Samsung magician on the drive, and memtest on the RAM if you havent already.  Sorry if this has been suggested I only did a quick read.

Heck you could Userbenchmark your system and see quickly if a component is falling very short of the mark as well

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1256

I had similar issues you describe and this *completely* fixed them and there is no negative impact on anything using this as far I'm aware. PC feels a lot snappier too!

These are my settings BTW,  leave everything on the right side at default though. 

IMG_20191219_145332.thumb.jpg.8e60b72a5640a106b9c857f65465bfa1.jpg

ok i ran my games with this running in the bg expected the stutters to be gone, and i launched a csgo deathmatch only to be killed while i was stuttering :(

19 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

All of your data on the M.2?  Is your M.2 somehow sharing PCIe lanes with anything else on your setup?  After perusing a few peoples post Im going to assume you have a memory or storage issue based on my perusal.  

Run Samsung magician on the drive, and memtest on the RAM if you havent already.  Sorry if this has been suggested I only did a quick read.

Heck you could Userbenchmark your system and see quickly if a component is falling very short of the mark as well

i took the lazy way out.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Sometimes I wish I could teleport, add  a Linux-ssd just to check if it's really hardware-related or if there's anything noticeable in the reports and check if games like CS-GO would behave as expected.

You are running 2133mhz RAM, even if you set DOCP profile it doesn't mean its going to take.  Your CPU's memory controller only guarantees up to 2933mhz.  Id set to 2933mhz manually, let the system figure out the loose timings and post.  See if stutters gone.

I have only experience with Zen, but have 3 diff dual channel kits (2133mhz CL14, 3200mhz CL16 and 3600mhz CL18) - games are neigh unplayable @ 2133mhz compared to even 2666mhz for stable frame rates at max settings.  Your mobo may support higher, your CPU doesn't officially.  To get it to take to much higher frequencies (like my R7 1700 running 3600mhz ram frequency however the CPU memory controller max supports 2666mhz) take a long session of sitting down and tightening things up to get stable.  And even then I can crash during competitive gameplay so during those sessions (where it matters to me if I win) I drop the system back to 2666mhz because I don't want a single hiccup.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

9 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

Sometimes I wish I could teleport, add  a Linux-ssd just to check if it's really hardware-related or if there's anything noticeable in the reports and check if games like CS-GO would behave as expected.

sometimes i wish i was rich enough to fuc you to this pc and build a better one.

13 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

You are running 2133mhz RAM, even if you set DOCP profile it doesn't mean its going to take.  Your CPU's memory controller only guarantees up to 2933mhz.  Id set to 2933mhz manually, let the system figure out the loose timings and post.  See if stutters gone.

I have only experience with Zen, but have 3 diff dual channel kits (2133mhz CL14, 3200mhz CL16 and 3600mhz CL18) - games are neigh unplayable @ 2133mhz compared to even 2666mhz for stable frame rates at max settings.  Your mobo may support higher, your CPU doesn't officially.  To get it to take to much higher frequencies (like my R7 1700 running 3600mhz ram frequency however the CPU memory controller max supports 2666mhz) take a long session of sitting down and tightening things up to get stable.  And even then I can crash during competitive gameplay so during those sessions (where it matters to me if I win) I drop the system back to 2666mhz because I don't want a single hiccup.

okay i did set the ram to 2933mhz nothing changed :((((((((((((

48 minutes ago, JigglyPuff said:

i took the lazy way out.

1.png

2.png

3.png

So it's your ram / cpu / motherboard... Which could all just be bad PSU also...

Idk how this happened but I don't see how you'd fix this either. It's a mess. 

Also we need a full timespy results already as userbench can be somewhat misleading. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 minutes ago, JigglyPuff said:

okay i did set the ram to 2933mhz nothing changed :((((((((((((

Did it POST @ 2933mhz, can you download CPU-Z and take a shot of the memory tab?  Just cause you set it at something doesn't mean it takes either.  Just need to verify it actually is running at the speeds 

6 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Did it POST @ 2933mhz, can you download CPU-Z and take a shot of the memory tab?  Just cause you set it at something doesn't mean it takes either.  Just need to verify it actually is running at the speeds 

yup wait

41 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

not showin at 2933mhz 

1.thumb.png.2c51afb99ef5df6eee9bebcb6e99585f.png

2.png

5 hours ago, JigglyPuff said:

not showin at 2933mhz 

DDR stands for Double Data Rate, at the frequency shown times two, equals 2933mhz+/- so you are now running at CPU memory controller listed specs.  How are the stutters?

19 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

DDR stands for Double Data Rate, at the frequency shown times two, equals 2933mhz+/- so you are now running at CPU memory controller listed specs.  How are the stutters?

still there

2 minutes ago, JigglyPuff said:

still there

Have you run memtest on the ram?  If you download AMD Ryzen DRAM Calculator it has a desktop memory test you can use to check