Help! Stutters!!!!!!!!! RUN!!!!!!!

JigglyPuff
Go to solution Solved by JigglyPuff,
7 hours ago, ShearMe said:

Did you try the steps in the article?

Ok guys I'm really sorry....

It turned out to be the two spike gaurds I had in my house were both supplying uneven voltage...causing the GPU to mess up. So I'm gonna buy a new one now. I'm really sorry i over looked something so trivial and I'm also gonna apologize for wasting everyone's time and efforts. I thankyou all very much.

1 minute ago, Tristerin said:

Have you run memtest on the ram?  If you download AMD Ryzen DRAM Calculator it has a desktop memory test you can use to check

no i havent, doin that now

52 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Have you run memtest on the ram?  If you download AMD Ryzen DRAM Calculator it has a desktop memory test you can use to check

nothing

4.thumb.png.177583ea913c547027199c5d43e564a8.png

You need to run multiple instances of 2gb until its checking all of your RAM at the same time - do this, let it cycle for a bit.

So I re-read your post.  The only thing that has truly changed yet remained consistent in all your testing (that Ive read in the thread) is this new monitor.  Do you still have your old monitor to check this out?  Or any other monitor to try?

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

7 hours ago, Tristerin said:

You need to run multiple instances of 2gb until its checking all of your RAM at the same time - do this, let it cycle for a bit.

So I re-read your post.  The only thing that has truly changed yet remained consistent in all your testing (that Ive read in the thread) is this new monitor.  Do you still have your old monitor to check this out?  Or any other monitor to try?

yes i do, i will plug it in and see if the issue goes away i guess

1 hour ago, JigglyPuff said:

yes i do, i will plug it in and see if the issue goes away i guess

8 hours ago, Tristerin said:

no nothing, also i tested with my friends gpu in my cpu on his 144hz monitor too, still stutters, all the hardware except the psu has been checked now, but the psu is fairly new, i doubt it maybe a software issue like a driver crash( but then again i rolled back to the February GD driver and even that displayed stutters across all games and on desktop). I dont know anymore. 

4 hours ago, JigglyPuff said:

no nothing, also i tested with my friends gpu in my cpu on his 144hz monitor too, still stutters, all the hardware except the psu has been checked now, but the psu is fairly new, i doubt it maybe a software issue like a driver crash( but then again i rolled back to the February GD driver and even that displayed stutters across all games and on desktop). I dont know anymore. 

You've tested all your storage?  (OS on any other drive?)

CPU has been RMA'd?  (sorry Im trying to rehash the thread to ensure weve covered everything I can think of)

Yes I would try another PSU to eliminate that

Sucks you are going through this.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

22 hours ago, Tristerin said:

You've tested all your storage?  (OS on any other drive?)

CPU has been RMA'd?  (sorry Im trying to rehash the thread to ensure weve covered everything I can think of)

Yes I would try another PSU to eliminate that

Sucks you are going through this.

sucks that i don't have access to another psu, however are you suggesting that it might be a faulty psu or that the load on it might be too huge? 

1 hour ago, JigglyPuff said:

sucks that i don't have access to another psu, however are you suggesting that it might be a faulty psu or that the load on it might be too huge? 

I have yet to run into a PSU problem as described.  So Im not one to claim its the PSU (only time I have had a PSU underpower a system was when the PSU was not enough power for the system specifically - I.E. no PCIe power cables so GPU cant run at potential etc).  Im one to test everything when having these issues to eliminate all possibilities.  

So you have done the following (recap, correct if wrong):

CPU - RMA, new CPU, still stutters

MOBO - new MOBO, still stutters

RAM - tested, no issues, still stutters

SSD/HDD - tested OS on each - you didn't re-image did you, these were fresh installs I hope?

GPU - swapped out for other GPU's, still stutters

PSU - No new testing done against this PSU

Monitor - have tried diff monitors, same results.  Have you tried a different cable (I.E. maybe using a damaged cable?)?

Have you also tried different peripherals (keyboard/mouse?)  Just checking all hardware angles.

5 hours ago, Tristerin said:

I have yet to run into a PSU problem as described.  So Im not one to claim its the PSU (only time I have had a PSU underpower a system was when the PSU was not enough power for the system specifically - I.E. no PCIe power cables so GPU cant run at potential etc).  Im one to test everything when having these issues to eliminate all possibilities.  

So you have done the following (recap, correct if wrong):

CPU - RMA, new CPU, still stutters

MOBO - new MOBO, still stutters

RAM - tested, no issues, still stutters

SSD/HDD - tested OS on each - you didn't re-image did you, these were fresh installs I hope?

GPU - swapped out for other GPU's, still stutters

PSU - No new testing done against this PSU

Monitor - have tried diff monitors, same results.  Have you tried a different cable (I.E. maybe using a damaged cable?)?

Have you also tried different peripherals (keyboard/mouse?)  Just checking all hardware angles.

Yes I've tired hdmi and display ports and yes I've tested the os on both, I used to use the hdds for everything before the stutters, my friend suggested they might be because of the hard drive going bad so I bought a 2tb M.2 and hoped that would be the end of this...BUT NOPE! Still waiting on a psu to be availabe, so that I can test my pc on another psu.

Just now, JigglyPuff said:

Yes I've tired hdmi and display ports and yes I've tested the os on both, I used to use the hdds for everything before the stutters, my friend suggested they might be because of the hard drive going bad so I bought a 2tb M.2 and hoped that would be the end of this...BUT NOPE! Still waiting on a psu to be availabe, so that I can test my pc on another psu.

Not that I expect a mouse or keyboard to cause stutters, but yes they too have been checked as at first when my mouse started to jump across my desktop I too assumed it was a mouse issue, only to realize not only does my mouse jump across, the whole pc stutters and the mouse jumping is just a byproduct of the stutters.

54 minutes ago, JigglyPuff said:

Not that I expect a mouse or keyboard to cause stutters, but yes they too have been checked as at first when my mouse started to jump across my desktop I too assumed it was a mouse issue, only to realize not only does my mouse jump across, the whole pc stutters and the mouse jumping is just a byproduct of the stutters.

Ouch to all of this.  Let me know how it turns out with the PSU :/

On 12/22/2019 at 2:34 AM, Tristerin said:

OK, finally got the psu today, its a 650watt Corsair psu. The stutters have definitely been reduced, but they haven't completely gone. Kinda better than my 700watt gigabyte psu, but didnt actually make that big of a difference. I'll rma the psu i guess as a start.

On 12/22/2019 at 2:34 AM, Tristerin said:

ok even after ALL OF THAT!!!!! THE STUTTER IS BACK IN ALL OF ITS GLORY! I don't know what else to do anymore !!!

12 hours ago, JigglyPuff said:

ok even after ALL OF THAT!!!!! THE STUTTER IS BACK IN ALL OF ITS GLORY! I don't know what else to do anymore !!!

Sorry if this has been suggested already, but install LatencyMon to track what might be the cause.

Download: https://www.resplendence.com/download/LatencyMon.exe

Info: https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Been dealing with fixing my audio stutters all day and it turned out to be an issue with WLAN usage. If there is something on your system causing high latency interupts it could affect your graphics drivers.

Aaaaand finally found what I think is a fix on my system audio. You might want to try raising the IRQL priority for your GPU in the reqistry. I found my audio fix initially by way of someone tweaking IRQL for their GPU.

Sorry if this has been suggested already, but install LatencyMon to track what might be the cause.

Download: https://www.resplendence.com/download/LatencyMon.exe

Info: https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Been dealing with fixing my audio stutters all day and it turned out to be an issue with WLAN usage. If there is something on your system causing high latency interupts it could affect your graphics drivers.

I dont know much about this software,, but i think it tells me stuff is running fine?

1.thumb.png.c0c6ab0cabf472362815ec9f4bcd021f.png

6 hours ago, JigglyPuff said:

I dont know much about this software,, but i think it tells me stuff is running fine?

Ah, sorry, It's an audio tool so it wont tell you straight away if there's an issue related to video.

Take a peak at the "Processes" and the "Drivers" tabs for us.

23 hours ago, ShearMe said:

Ah, sorry, It's an audio tool so it wont tell you straight away if there's an issue related to video.

ok this seems bad

1.thumb.png.b4739ed57ee61c90cb7f3aed06993424.png

2.thumb.png.7623165c0b31b6a7cfff75796aa76bdf.png

23 hours ago, ShearMe said:

drivers

3.png

On 12/29/2019 at 1:00 AM, ShearMe said:

drivers

1.png

Nvidia drivers having a high latency is somewhat expected, but in one of your images there is a storage driver that has a high latency.... any fancy storage system you have?

Either way, try upping the priority of your graphics drivers. Follow these instructions: https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/manage-irq-settings-windows/

3 hours ago, ShearMe said:

Nvidia drivers having a high latency is somewhat expected, but in one of your images there is a storage driver that has a high latency.... any fancy storage system you have?

Either way, try upping the priority of your graphics drivers. Follow these instructions: https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/manage-irq-settings-windows/

Nope and even that quickly went away and it was back to showing Microsoft stuff

2 minutes ago, JigglyPuff said:

Nope and even that quickly went away and it was back to showing Microsoft stuff

Ok guys I'm really sorry....

It turned out to be the two spike gaurds I had in my house were both supplying uneven voltage...causing the GPU to mess up. So I'm gonna buy a new one now. I'm really sorry i over looked something so trivial and I'm also gonna apologize for wasting everyone's time and efforts. I thankyou all very much.