Are there any original xbox 360's that do not have the RRoD

AndreiArgeanu

So, I was just curious to see if there are any original xbox 360 models out there that will not die because of the red ring of death because I'd really want to have one but I don't really want it to break if I happen to use it. I know there are some consoles out there that have been reballed but they're probably very difficult to find and also I don't think I'll find any place that is willing to perform such process.

Also which original xbox would be best, because there's like 5 different models.

Fun fact, the recall rate for the original Xbox 360 for their warranty regarding rrod was over 50%

50% of which had to be recalled again for the same problem

Really, just get a super slim.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

21 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

So, I was just curious to see if there are any original xbox 360 models out there that will not die because of the red ring of death because I'd really want to have one but I don't really want it to break if I happen to use it. I know there are some consoles out there that have been reballed but they're probably very difficult to find and also I don't think I'll find any place that is willing to perform such process.

Also which original xbox would be best, because there's like 5 different models.

Been using mine for YEARS. No issues. It was a gift from my wife for X-mas in 2005. Never once have I seen a red ring. I have no clue what specific model I have. Guess you'll just have to roll the dice.

2 minutes ago, Stylized_Violence said:

Been using mine for YEARS. No issues. It was a gift from my wife for X-mas in 2005. Never once have I seen a red ring. I have no clue what specific model I have. Guess you'll just have to roll the dice.

I guess it must be a xenon then

image.png.af6bd522dc929ffc6e941cc2b5f5e9e8.png

15 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

What's so special about the original Xbox 360 that can't be found on later models?

It's mainly the look that I appreciate, and it's just a little piece of gaming history after all.

12 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

It's mainly the look that I appreciate, and it's just a little piece of gaming history after all.

The original design had like two other revisions before it was completely replaced by the Xbox 360 S. Why not get one of the later models that overall run better?

18 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

The original design had like two other revisions before it was completely replaced by the Xbox 360 S. Why not get one of the later models that overall run better?

And significantly quieter.

The original 360 was rushed out a year ahead of time because MS was trying to beat or match Sony's PS3 launch, but they launched a year later. Cost a lot in the long run that would've been saved if they just held on and finished it properly.

#Muricaparrotgang

I think the only white box XBox 360 that isn't super susceptible to RROD is the Opus, and the only way you could get those was from Microsoft as replacement consoles. I had Microsoft replace my OG Xenon four times from 2006-09 before they finally gave me an Opus that has been good for 10 years now.

7 hours ago, JZStudios said:

And significantly quieter.

The original 360 was rushed out a year ahead of time because MS was trying to beat or match Sony's PS3 launch, but they launched a year later. Cost a lot in the long run that would've been saved if they just held on and finished it properly.

Yes, god the white 360 models are loud. Mine even blows away my fat PS2 on decibel level. 

What is a "original" Xbox?  I'm pretty sure my Xbox looks exactly the same than the original release console - but it definitely isn't - so how would you even know by just looking at it? 

And yes,  it's doing fine - I play DOA Xtreme 2 once every year on it - one of only 5 Xbox games that do not have an install option whatsoever (in today's Trivia you didn't know you should know btw) ?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

What is a "original" Xbox?  I'm pretty sure my Xbox looks exactly the same than the original release console - but it definitely isn't - so how would you even know by just looking at it? 

And yes,  it's doing fine - I play DOA Xtreme 2 once every year on it - one of only 5 Xbox games that do not have an install option whatsoever (in today's Trivia you didn't know you should know btw) ?

Xbox 360s with the Xenon motherboard. They were manufactured from the console's launch until late 2006 or 2007 (Don't particularly remember, soz). It's easiest to tell if your console is a Xenon (or an Opus) if it doesn't have an HDMI port. 

That being said, there's superior models of the original style Xbox 360 anyways. Like I mentioned, Opus was a good one if you happen to stumble upon one of those, the Jasper/Falcon models (Xbox 360 Elite models) and, if you're open to a Slim, one of the 4GB matte consoles.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Ah, I see. I didn't know the originals had no hdmi...

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity