1440p gaming at around 60 fps,best budget GPU?

frozensun

Ok guys,today I got myself brand new monitor which is Samsung CJG50 32 inches.

2 months ago I really didn't plan to buy better monitor and I purchased asus 1660 ti strix OC which I still haven't opened the box.

As for reading reviews that card was great choice for 1080p gaming so I chose it,but now I got better monitor and don't know what to do with that card?

I'm really low on budget.

There is currently discount on RTX 2060 MSI Gaming Z model which costs just 25 euros more then my Strix model,but I doubt I can sell Strix model now and get RTX 2060 (watched the review and 2060 would get me only max 10 fps then 1660 ti at 1440p).

I know perfect choice would be RTX 2070 or RX 5700 but here in eastern Europe,overpriced.

So,what should I do?

I'm not demading player I just need 50-60 fps at 1440p with at least HIGH settings in games.

If you need to know what games would I play let me know.

Thanks for any help,and I need your opinion because I'm confused what to do now.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Used or brand new?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, Princess Luna said:

Used or brand new?

Monitor or card?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Monitor is new ofc.

4 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Monitor or card?

Yes.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Well, GTX1660 Ti for 25$ less than RTX2060 sounds like terrible value, no wonder because it's ASUS Strix, return it if you can.

Just now, Viper9 said:

The RTX 2060 Super is a good 1440p GPU.

yep,450 euros here...

Seems to me only choice is to sell 1660 Ti and buy RX 5700,but really I don't want AMD cards anymore.

What can my 1660 Ti OC do at 1440p?

Just read that 6GB maybe won't be enough at 1440p...

1 minute ago, Juular said:

Well, GTX1660 Ti for 25$ less than RTX2060 sounds like terrible value, no wonder because it's ASUS Strix, return it if you can.

The guy tested some EVGA model with only one fan,and this is not compareble since both cards are not Strix..I expect maybe that 1660 Ti OC Strix could get 2 fps more,so the difference would be hmm who knows maybe 6-8 fps,I'm not sure it's all speculations.

I can't return the card,nor I can replace it,I can just sell it for same price I bought it,at least try to sell,but then again RX 5700 around 400 euros and more for custom models,which to me is too much..

10 minutes ago, frozensun said:

2 months ago I really didn't plan to buy better monitor and I purchased asus 1660 ti strix OC which I still haven't opened the box.

As for reading reviews that card was great choice for 1080p gaming so I chose it,but now I got better monitor and don't know what to do with that card?

There is currently discount on RTX 2060 MSI Gaming Z model which costs just 25 euros more then my Strix model,but I doubt I can sell Strix model now and get RTX 2060 (watched the review and 2060 would get me only max 10 fps then 1660 ti at 1440p).

I know perfect choice would be RTX 2070 or RX 5700 but here in eastern Europe,overpriced.

So,what should I do?

I'm not demading player I just need 50-60 fps at 1440p with at least HIGH settings in games.

Thanks for any help,and I need your opinion because I'm confused what to do now.

i would say the 1660 super 230ish bucks with  gddr6 of vram doesn't  bottleneck and leaves headroom for the gpu to breathe 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

i would say the 1660 super 230ish bucks with  gddr6 of vram doesn't  bottleneck and leaves headroom for the gpu to breathe 

why would I get 1660 super if I have 1660 Ti?Loool...

Also; GTX1660 Super are pretty close to 1660 Ti performance wise (the didn't make such graph for GTX1660 Ti reviews) :

average-fps-2560-1440.png

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

why would I get 1660 super if I have 1660 Ti?Loool...

oh sorry i didnt notice that haha sorry for that my b

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

So,I don't need to replace/purchase other card,1660 ti could satisfiy me?

15 minutes ago, frozensun said:

So,what should I do?

5700 is about the same interms of performance compared to the 2060 but you do get dlss and rtx if you care about those 

Build Log: 

Just now, frozensun said:

So,I don't need to replace/purchase other card,1660 ti could satisfiy me?

its good for 1440p you might not get 60 in ALL titles but for most your good to go especially if you get a nice oc on that non reference card

Build Log: 

10 minutes ago, Viper9 said:

The RTX 2060 Super is a good 1440p GPU.

lol, the 2060 is fine, i'd recommend a 1660 super

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

5700 is about the same interms of performance compared to the 2060 but you do get dlss and rtx if you care about those 

cheapest one is MSI RX 5700 8GB GDDR6 EVOKE OC PCIE for 410 euros (overpirced here),not have that much of money.

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

its good for 1440p you might not get 60 in ALL titles but for most your good to go especially if you get a nice oc on that non reference card

OC model clocks good I think at near 2.1GHz...

Eventual problem might be only 6GB of VRAM,huh?

cheapest one is MSI RX 5700 8GB GDDR6 EVOKE OC PCIE for 410 euros (overpirced here),not have that much of money.

then nvm that is a terrible deal that msi card is awful and the price is even worse 

Build Log: 

Guys is 6GB of VRAM enough for 1440p  at high?

OC model clocks good I think at near 2.1GHz...

Eventual problem might be only 6GB of VRAM,huh?

no 6 gigs is the sweet spot usually 4 gigs is not enough but your good with 6 even in cod which is very vram heavy you should use around 5ish on highest

Build Log: 

So trying to sell 1660 ti and getting rtx 2060 for 30 euros more is not worth it,huh?