1440p gaming at around 60 fps,best budget GPU?

frozensun
1 minute ago, frozensun said:

So selling 1660 ti and getting rtx 2060 is not worth it,huh?

no not really if your not using dlss and rtx and if you are planning on only playing in 60 and not any thing higher

Edited by TofuHaroto

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

no not really if your not using dlss and rtx and if you are planning on only playing in 60 and not any thing higher

zou know rtx and dlss is useless on 2060....lowers fps to 40,so I don't need that crap at all..that s why I chose 1660 Ti.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Just now, frozensun said:

zou know rtx and dlss is useless on 2060....lowers fps to 40,so I don't need that crap at all..that s why I chose 1660 Ti.

rtx yea but dlss doesnt it helps the card with rendering aa and it is generally a different way of rendering aa with less of an impact on performance 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

So lets resume 1660 Ti Strix OC should be good to go?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

So lets resume 1660 Ti Strix OC should be good to go?

yes it is haha :)

Build Log: 

I don't even see an issue....High settings, 60fps at 1440p... isn't that hard even on AAA titles.
You said HIGH settings right, not Ultra spec in Games....

Usual testing you'll see online (images/videos) is ULTRASPEC.

Know that many games run Faster than what you'll see using High/VeryHigh settings over chasing Ultraspec.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

ok guys,thanks for your time...

ok guys,thanks for your time...

any time  :D

Build Log: 

Let me ask you how much decrease in fps may I expect from 2560x1080 to 2560x1440?

10 hours ago, frozensun said:

Let me ask you how much decrease in fps may I expect from 2560x1080 to 2560x1440?

depends on some games what games you playing?

Build Log: 

14 hours ago, frozensun said:

There is currently discount on RTX 2060 MSI Gaming Z model which costs just 25 euros more then my Strix model,but I doubt I can sell Strix model now and get RTX 2060

If RX5700 is too pricy in your region, then 2060 will still be a definite upgrade, you can't get a 1660ti to run near a 2060 regardless of how overclocked it is.   I'd also be weary of any RX 5700 that isn't reference, Powercolor, Gigabyte, or Sapphire, as MSI,XFX, and ASRock all have (different) thermal issues.  For just 60fps+ a 2060 like card should be more then good enough, worse case turn a few settings down if game is super demanding but that is unlikely imo. 

That said if you are okay or actually enjoy pushing higher fps with medium or low graphics settings, its very likely the 1660ti is more then good enough. 

10 hours ago, frozensun said:

Bunch of examples here, this is all worst case as most people don't run Ultra, as its hard to tell visual difference compared to high but reduces frames alot.  6GB is fine for 1440, its 4gb where you run into issues. 

14 hours ago, frozensun said:

why would I get 1660 super if I have 1660 Ti?Loool...

Because you could return the 1660 Ti and get the almost identical 1660 Super for way less money.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

45 minutes ago, Otto_iii said:

If RX5700 is too pricy in your region, then 2060 will still be a definite upgrade, you can't get a 1660ti to run near a 2060 regardless of how overclocked it is.   I'd also be weary of any RX 5700 that isn't reference, Powercolor, Gigabyte, or Sapphire, as MSI,XFX, and ASRock all have (different) thermal issues.  For just 60fps+ a 2060 like card should be more then good enough, worse case turn a few settings down if game is super demanding but that is unlikely imo. 

That said if you are okay or actually enjoy pushing higher fps with medium or low graphics settings, its very likely the 1660ti is more then good enough. 

Bunch of examples here, this is all worst case as most people don't run Ultra, as its hard to tell visual difference compared to high but reduces frames alot.  6GB is fine for 1440, its 4gb where you run into issues. 

Not true at all,look at comparision between !660 Ti and RTX 2060,and those were only cheper models.Avg fps difference is max 10 fps.

Overclocking Strix OC would maybe teoretically get me 2 fps so the difference would be 8 fps.You really think 8 fps is worth buying rtx 2060?

Naah don't think so.

Consider that Strix OC is better card then Gaming Z,more fans=higher OC

15 % difference on 1440p is really not worth swapping 1660 Ti for RTX 2060 and giving 50 euros more ;)

23 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Because you could return the 1660 Ti and get the almost identical 1660 Super for way less money.

Nope,correct me if I am wrong Asus didn't announce and release 1660 super Strix version.

You can't jsut return to seller buyed card,I mean would you get it from a buyer,ofc now.

We talked about it yesterday,he doesn't want the Strix,because this card is over priced here at 360 euros still!

No one will buy 1660 Ti for 360 euros.

I got it on sale for 320 euros.

mostly just linked that for 1440p vs 1080p comparison, there is no 1660ti in that review but there is a 1070 it should be close to, not sure where you wanted me to look.

There is this though, and assuming its accurate then yeah, its not worth it. 

1 minute ago, Otto_iii said:

mostly just linked that for 1440p vs 1080p comparison, there is no 1660ti in that review but there is a 1070 it should be close to, not sure where you wanted me to look.

There is this though, and assuming its accurate then yeah, its not worth it. 

Before you post something please inform yourself and don't post something you don't know ;)

Anw thx.