Best AIO with least amount of cables

shukero

Hi all,

Pretty simple request here, I'm upgrading to a 3950x, and I want to upgrade to a 240mm AIO. (I know 280's are recommended, but I've heard 90% of the reviewers I watch on youtube state that 240mms have worked fine.) I'm looking for the AIO that performs the best with the least amount of cables needing to be plugged in as possible. I don't care about RGB, and I'm fitting this intot he side of an NCase M1 v6, so I need it to be somewhat standard size.

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks,
~Mike

Minimum number would be 2.  Anything with daisy chained fans.  Or you could daisy chain any fan set on any cooler yourself.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Minimum number would be 2.  Anything with daisy chained fans.  Or you could daisy chain any fan set on any cooler yourself.

Thanks. I'm trying to figure out the AIO with the least amount of cable "clutter" from the main unit. IE: the CPU header, power cable, etc. I know a lot of corsair and cooler master AIOs have anywhere from 3 to 4 which is nuts. Do you know of any that are just a single CPU header connection? I've looked all over and saw this one by Fractal: https://www.amazon.com/Fractal-Design-Celsius-S24-284-Radiator/dp/B0719DHG5Y/ref=cm_wl_huc_item . But being the AIO noob that I am, I don't know if this is OK or not. I figure almost all AIOs are made by the same patent holder anyway, so I wouldn't expect the performance to be that much different. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, shukero said:

Thanks. I'm trying to figure out the AIO with the least amount of cable "clutter" from the main unit. IE: the CPU header, power cable, etc. I know a lot of corsair and cooler master AIOs have anywhere from 3 to 4 which is nuts. Do you know of any that are just a single CPU header connection? I've looked all over and saw this one by Fractal: https://www.amazon.com/Fractal-Design-Celsius-S24-284-Radiator/dp/B0719DHG5Y/ref=cm_wl_huc_item . But being the AIO noob that I am, I don't know if this is OK or not. I figure almost all AIOs are made by the same patent holder anyway, so I wouldn't expect the performance to be that much different. Any suggestions?

I've had a corsair and a now a cooler master. They both have two.

You'll be hard pressed to find a AIO with one. The pump is going to need a cable for pump power, as well as the RGB usually needs one.

I can't personally speak about fractal coolers, as I have no experience with them. But why are you so concerned about more than one cable on an AIO? My AIO was like the easiest part of my entire build to cable manage.

Attached is a photo of my build assembled. The cables are a null issue.

Assembled.jpg

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Just now, Statik said:

I've had a corsair and a now a cooler master. They both have two.

You'll be hard pressed to find a AIO with one. The pump is going to need a cable for pump power, as well as the RGB usually needs one.

I can't personally speak about fractal coolers, as I have no experience with them. But why are you so concerned about more than one cable on an AIO? My AIO was like the easiest part of my entire build to cable manage.

Attached is a photo of my build assembled. The cables are a null issue.

Assembled.jpg

I'm concerned with cable clutter because I'm building in an ncase m1 v6 which is mini-itx, and I just don't want cables getting in the way. That and the less cables = the less my OCD goes haywire lol.

Arctic Licquid Freezer 2 also has hidden cables in the tubes. The water block part looks more like a gimmick but I do like the thicker radiator.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

1 hour ago, shukero said:

I'm concerned with cable clutter because I'm building in an ncase m1 v6 which is mini-itx, and I just don't want cables getting in the way. That and the less cables = the less my OCD goes haywire lol.

That's fair. But having built in shitty cases, the AIO cabled were never the issue. They're so small, and things like pump headers and shit are so closely located to the block that routing and hiding cables is a joke. I spent like 3 hours trying to cable manage my main power cables and fan cables/RGB hub, but I spent like 5-10 routing my AIO cables.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

I'm using a BeQuiet silent loop 360. It's also available in 240 and 280. It has just one 12V cable an the block/pump (witch HAS TO be get full 12V at all times so don't use any speed controlling!). The fans can run with PWM from the board though. And there's a cable-splitter included so just 2 cables overall. I experienced, that you can degas (meaning refill a little Alphacool coolant in the refill port on the pump) to make it perfectly silent. Mine is doing a great job even stresstesting 90 minutes on 60% fan speed and I can fully recommend it!

Review on Techspot

Stresstest Temps.JPG

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D | Motherboard: MSI MPG X670E Carbon WiFi
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 6000 MHz CL30 2x16GB | GPU: AMD XFX 7900 XTX
Case: BeQuiet Dark Base 900 Pro rev.2 | PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 11 1000W
Storage: Samsung 990 Pro + Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TBGB M.2 + Samsung 970 Evo 1TB M.2 + Seagate Ironwolf 8TB HDD
Watercooling: EKWM Quantum Velocity2 + Alphacool Aurora D5 + Alphacool GPU Block
Radiators & Fans: 420/30 copper rad + 360/30 copper rad all Silent Wings 4 Pro @ 40%
Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB | Mouse: Logitech G502X Plus | Mousepad: Logitech Powerplay | Headset: Corsair Virtuoso XT
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 32:9 1440p

Arctic Liquid Freezer has 1 cable in total.

Alphacool Eisbaer LT has one PWM cable (but it is recommended to use 7v adapter if you want to run pump at lower speed) + additional cables coming from fans.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

11 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

Arctic Liquid Freezer has 1 cable in total.

Really? So how is the pump powered? ?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D | Motherboard: MSI MPG X670E Carbon WiFi
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 6000 MHz CL30 2x16GB | GPU: AMD XFX 7900 XTX
Case: BeQuiet Dark Base 900 Pro rev.2 | PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 11 1000W
Storage: Samsung 990 Pro + Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TBGB M.2 + Samsung 970 Evo 1TB M.2 + Seagate Ironwolf 8TB HDD
Watercooling: EKWM Quantum Velocity2 + Alphacool Aurora D5 + Alphacool GPU Block
Radiators & Fans: 420/30 copper rad + 360/30 copper rad all Silent Wings 4 Pro @ 40%
Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB | Mouse: Logitech G502X Plus | Mousepad: Logitech Powerplay | Headset: Corsair Virtuoso XT
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 32:9 1440p

1 minute ago, MS Eierfeile said:

Really? So how is the pump powered? ?

Well, I didn't say it correctly – there is one cable coming out of AIO, but fans and pump cable are connected to that single cable. So 1 PWM header controls and powers fans and the pump. It has somewhat small pump, so it doesn't use that much of power.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

13 hours ago, alyen said:

Arctic Licquid Freezer 2 also has hidden cables in the tubes. The water block part looks more like a gimmick but I do like the thicker radiator.

Was going to mention this.  It also has some of the best cooling performance out due to the fact its radiator is I think 7-10mm thicker than most of the competing products.  Also while most reviews felt that the fan on the water block would be just a gimmick, it apparently does work to cool the VRM with most tests showing about a 5-6 degree drop in VRM temps.  The price on these are phenomenal as well.  I have one on order and will be installing it into my new build soon.

My only concern about this AIO is that the pump is a completely brand new design, designed by Arctic themselves so we have next to zero information about its reliability.  Also the AIO only has a 2-year warranty which kind of says to me they might be questioning the long term reliability of the pump as well or at least hedging their bets just in case it isn't all that reliable.  

As for other AIOs, I believe the Fractal design Celsius S36 and maybe other sizes in the Celsius line also only use a single cable for pump and fan operation, also hidden in the tube braiding.  It doesn't seem to cool quite as well as the Liquid Freezer II of the same size but I believe it uses a Asetek pump and has a 5 year warranty so you know what your getting into a bit better.  It is also fairly inexpensive.

Both are no frills though.  No RGB anywhere.