100$ for a mouse..

VoidHopper

Ok guys, i made my decision and bought a steel series rival on amazon for 40$, if i dont like it i can always return it within 30 days :) thanks everyone for posting and helping me make my decision! :D

Good choice and a damn nice deal.

Yes necessarily. For FPS you want an optical mouse, but that's not to say you want any optical mouse. There are of course optical sensors with the same or worse problems than laser ones, but in the realm of recommendable gaming-mice, optical tends to mean something with some variation of the A3090 or PMW3310, which is what you want for FPS.

Those sensors are good but Its solely based on preference so unless your opinion is factual you are incorrect.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

No but ok. Its solely based on preference so unless your opinion is factual you are incorrect.

It is a fact that those two optical sensors are the best available when purely talking about sensors. Opinions come into the equation when you talk about if you can life with the flaws other sensors have or not.

Opinions come into the equation when you talk about if you can life with the flaws other sensors have or not.

Yes and that is what im saying.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Yes and that is what im saying.

Wait, what? The fact that you can live with the flaws of a laser sensor despite it being objectively worse than the two sensors I mentioned, doesn't make that laser sensor equally as good.

That's like taking two cars that are identical apart from the fact that one is handles worse and saying "well, I can live with the inferior handling so this car is just as good as the one that handles better".

Wait, what? The fact that you can live with the flaws of a laser sensor despite it being objectively worse than the two sensors I mentioned, doesn't make that laser sensor equally as good.

That's like taking two cars that are identical apart from the fact that one is handles worse and saying "well, I can live with the inferior handling so this car is just as good as the one that handles better".

I never said that I believed that the sensor was better being laser, but I meant that if you prefer laser to optical than it is better in terms of preference. I think we just misunderstood each other.

I never said that I believed that the sensor was better being laser, but I meant that if you prefer laser to optical than it is better in terms of preference. I think we just misunderstood each other.

I think you misunderstood Verne. He was saying opinions come into the equation when talking about the flaws of other sensors - i.e. not the two optical sensors that are factually/objectively better than anything else available.

Or to put it more simply...

Those sensors are good but Its solely based on preference so unless your opinion is factual you are incorrect.

It is factual. It's not solely based on preference.

I think you misunderstood Verne. He was saying opinions come into the equation when talking about the flaws of other sensors - i.e. not the two optical sensors that are factually/objectively better than anything else available.

Or to put it more simply...

It is factual. It's not solely based on preference.

Im just going to stop replying now and you should do the same.

Im just going to stop replying now and you should do the same.

No, quite the opposite. If I'm misunderstanding you then I'd like to understand how. If I'm not, then you're contradicting the collective wisdom, testing and research of places like here, OCN, ESReality etc. and I'm curious to know how you know what you know.

Ok, well sort by rating and reviews on PC Part Picker and will you get every mouse mentioned in this thread.

You want a $100 mouse? A RAT 7 or 9 peaks in price around there.It's a bit wide and I don't recommend it to everyone but you said $100, so.....

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

Umm whats whats your grip type and what features, buttons, sensor are you lookong for.

No, quite the opposite. If I'm misunderstanding you then I'd like to understand how. If I'm not, then you're contradicting the collective wisdom, testing and research of places like here, OCN, ESReality etc. and I'm curious to know how you know what you know.

look dude, like I said. I understand that those sensors are best for FPS games, but when it comes down to it you pick what you play the best with. I play the best with lasers.

Dont worry about sensor so much pick first based on comfort/ergonomics and whether it has the buttons/features you want. Then worry about sensor if your lucky enough to have that option. Its getting better though as more and more companies are coming out with new optical mice or optical versions of their current mice.

Hey guys, my birthdays coming up and I've got 100$ to spend on a gaming mouse, any suggestions? I play mostly FPS"s. Thanks!

I absolutely love my g400s. Seriously. Its great.

Umm whats whats your grip type and what features, buttons, sensor are you lookong for.

Dude bought a Rival.

look dude, like I said. I understand that those sensors are best for FPS games, but when it comes down to it you pick what you play the best with. I play the best with lasers.

But there's no difference, aside from the flaws. It's like saying you play better with a white mouse than a black one...At best, you're experiencing a placebo effect.

What about the Logitech G700s, an absolutely great mouse. An please no Razor they seriously overpriced and defiantly not worth the money in my opinion.