The Ultrabook with Wicked Graphics - Blade Stealth GTX

I would imagine the reason the arrow keys were not dropped would be so that some people  wouldn't hit left, down, or right while shifting their hand up to either avoid the sharp edge, or to hit a key in the top right corner of the keyboard. Older small thinkpads (X201T comes to mind immediately) had this issue in my experience. Is it a design flaw meant to fix a design flaw? Yes. Is it dumb? Yes.

I personally have used weirder keyboard layouts than the one shown in the video, I have pictured my secondary keyboard here as an example. I dont think it would have bugged me for more than a couple minutes, but Linus is a lot pickier than I am when it comes to keyboards. (The pictured keyboard is quite old now, vintage MX Blacks are fantastic to type on if well maintained. I have the same keyboard but made smaller without the trackpad, which was not well maintained, and it feels like typing on sand.)

tg3 keyboard.jpg

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

I always wanted a razer blade for editing and I think they are macbooks on steroids

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

I think it's funny that all of these people are saying that they've never used right shift, Linus probably just goes by the rules of touch typing where you hit the shift with the opposite pinky of the hand you're typing with

2 minutes ago, hiitswilliam said:

I think it's funny that all of these people are saying that they've never used right shift, Linus probably just goes by the rules of touch typing where you hit the shift with the opposite pinky of the hand you're typing with

I also thought that I didn't use it very often until I used butt-tier keyboard layouts like the Stealth and Helios 700 - turns out I actually use it a lot.

Stupid laptop keyboards are an absolute deal-breaker for me and have been the case since Clevo began pushing their dysfunctional layout. Check out the old 17" HP ZD7000 from circa 2003 - even back then they had the hindsight to do an isolated inverted T cursor key arrangement and a proper 4 column number pad.

Moving down to a 13 inch form factor will knock that numpad out of the discussion but it is still possible to get a good keyboard layout done. Dell, HP and even the old Toshiba 13 inch models had REALLY GOOD keyboard layouts that didn't compromise when it came to shift key placement or cursor key usage. Those notebook manufacturers who don't do it right simply choose so because THEY ARE CHEAP and can't be bothered to put in the extra effort.

I think this is cool for a compact and light laptop, premium design, but why would i not recommend something like a Asus TUF FX505DT over this for a actual friend?  At half the price and with a display at twice the refresh of this i doubt they'd be angry at me for doing so if it was a pure gaming laptop.  If not a direct comparison, one would still be interested in thoughts about cheaper gaming laptops with similar modern hardware like that.

Wicked for bloodclaat

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

On 12/10/2019 at 11:52 AM, AlexTheGreatish said:

The Razer Blade Stealth is pretty good, but do you know what could make it better? MORE POWER!

Spoiler

Buy : Razer Blade Stealth GTX
On Amazon: https://geni.us/t4D1O
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KVjx

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Ya know what's even better than making the Blade Stealth better? Buying a superior gaming ultrabook!

Presenting.........the Eluktronics MAG-15:

More info & reviews:

Spoiler

The downsides (in comparison to the Blade Stealth GTX):

• It's an extra pound heavier at 4.15 pounds.
  • Slightly bigger chassis due to a higher capacity battery, a mechanical keyboard, a larger screen, and a beefier graphics card.

What you gain ~ at the same price range:

• A 144hz 1080p display
  • GTX 1660TI or RTX 2070 MAX-Q
  • An extra of each of these ports: USB-A, 3.5mm jack, HDMI, SD card reader, & RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet Port
  • 6-Core i7-9750H (twice the TDP & higher boost of 4.5Ghz)
  • up to 64GB RAM (user-upgradable)
  • up 2TB NVMe SSD (user-upgradable)
  • 94Wh battery (41Wh more)
  • mechanical keyboard

IMHO the extra pound and slight bulk worth it totally over the Razer Blade Stealth GTX. ?

I've had the new Razer Blade 13 GTX model for about a month now. I also use the left shift key exclusively so that really doesn't affect me. I also don't rest my palms on the laptop when typing,. I also haven't had any trouble with the smaller backspace key I generally leave them floating so the sharp edge doesn't really bother me either.

As for the turbo clocks., it really depends on the load. If it's something that uses a lot of AVX then Intel turbos are kind of weird, but I've definitely thrown some engineering applications at it and it maintains 3.00 GHz all core boost at 100% load. If I go into device manager and disable the GTX 1650, I can maintain a 3.50 GHz all-core boost. I think the firmware reverts to 25 W if it thinks the dedicated GPU isn't present. This works perfect for me, if I know I need to leave my laptop to do a CPU heavy export it's not a big deal to open up device manager and get a little more juice.

Really where this laptop shines is portability. You can get a lot more bang for your buck in terms of spec elsewhere (see @Results45 post), but if you travel a lot like me and really prefer a portable form factor and want to do some decent gaming on the go, it's hard to beat.

Weirdly, also really like Dolby Atmos on these speakers. The frequency response of these speakers isn't spectacular or anything but it does really widen up the sense of space and eerily does have a convincing surround effect at times.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask for some advice. I'm between two laptops. The Razer Stealth GTX and the new Dell XPS 13 with the 6 cores CPU. My main purpose is video editing (especially 4k) and portability. Render time is not my worry, rather I'm more concerned with the editing experience. I'm not a pro video editor, but I'd like to use Davinci Resolve for editing. In this case idk what matters more, the CPU cores or having a GPU. Also, could someone tell me which one these should matter more?

Thank you for your help in advance ?

• 3 months later...
On 1/22/2020 at 10:42 PM, Penguiin said:

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask for some advice. I'm between two laptops. The Razer Stealth GTX and the new Dell XPS 13 with the 6 cores CPU. My main purpose is video editing (especially 4k) and portability. Render time is not my worry, rather I'm more concerned with the editing experience. I'm not a pro video editor, but I'd like to use Davinci Resolve for editing. In this case idk what matters more, the CPU cores or having a GPU. Also, could someone tell me which one these should matter more?

Thank you for your help in advance ?

The answer is not easy. I Would say both. DaVinci Resolve benefits from more then 4 CPU Cores and a strong GPU with CUDA-Cores. I have the feeling the CPU helps you a lot with the playback speed on your timeline, the GPU should have an stronger effect on the rendering time. But like i said, both are important.

With the 2020 update of the Razer Blade Stealth 13 i made my decision to go with it, because the CPU will be 25W and the GPU will get an upgrade to 1650 Ti. I will not use it as my main editing device, for that i have an Ryzen Desktop PC. But during movie productions and go from one location to another and spending every night in another hotel, you beg for every gram less and want the power to edit on the go and play a game to relax at night. Theres nothing like the razer stealth. If you dont care about the look, you should go with the ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 ... but honestly, i would never put an gaming Laptop on the table sitting with clients ... it automatically looks like you prefer to play instead of work. The Stealth 13 looks like an matte black macbook, so totally legit.

• 5 weeks later...

I picked up a Razer Blade Stealth 13 (Late 2019) about a week ago, and so far it's everything I wanted in a laptop. I tried Alienware M15 R1 and Asus Rog Zephyrus G first, and while both had some great features and maybe even more power (AW for sure, not so sure about the Rog), neither was the entire package I was looking for. Razer is powerful enough, much quieter than AW and Rog, and much cooler too. The screen is better, and the battery life is of course better. Yes, the AW was much more powerful, but it ran too hot and was too loud, plus it had a serious coil whine issue. The Rog had a faster screen at 120Hz, but the image quality was not as good, and overall the laptop was too plasticy and cheap feeling. And it was also loud, though not as hot as the AW. Anyway, with this Razer I got what I wanted without too many compromises. I always have a very hard time finding a perfect product for me, but at this time, I think this Razer might be it.