[Suggestions] Looking for a new headset

SlackAssassin

Howdy,

My beloved Corsair Void Pro just kicked it. Second pair in 2 years. So, I'm in need of a new PC headset. I'll break it down into an easy-to-read list.

- Under 150 AUD and something I can grab from a Adelaide-based store

- USB connectivity

- Long use comfort, basically the over-ear style of the Void

- Wireless is preferred, but a decent length cord would do as well (ideally not braided, I hate the noise they make in the ear if it rubs against something)

- Longer lasting than a Void pro (1 year isn't hard to beat)

- has a microphone; a decent one so my friends don't berate me

Thanks for taking the time to help out, truly appreciated. All suggestions welcome.

PS It's been a while since I've been on this forum so excuse me if this is in the wrong place!

2 minutes ago, SlackAssassin said:

Howdy,

My beloved Corsair Void Pro just kicked it. Second pair in 2 years. So, I'm in need of a new PC headset. I'll break it down into an easy-to-read list.

- Under 150 AUD and something I can grab from a Adelaide-based store

- USB connectivity

- Long use comfort, basically the over-ear style of the Void

- Wireless is preferred, but a decent length cord would do as well (ideally not braided, I hate the noise they make in the ear if it rubs against something)

- Longer lasting than a Void pro (1 year isn't hard to beat)

- has a microphone; a decent one so my friends don't berate me

Thanks for taking the time to help out, truly appreciated. All suggestions welcome.

PS It's been a while since I've been on this forum so excuse me if this is in the wrong place!

Not sure how much they would be there but the hyper x cloud flights are awesome

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX GPU: AMD RX 6800M RAM: 16GB  SSD: 500GB NVME 

1 minute ago, magicammo said:

Not sure how much they would be there but the hyper x cloud flights are awesome

$159 at my local place, I'll absolutely check them out. I'm using a friend's HyperX headset until a get a new one so I'm already gaining a liking for them. Thanks!

On a wired option, similar to what @magicammo said,

Cloud 2's are great. I've had my pair for about 3 years now and they perform just like new.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

5 minutes ago, Slottr said:

On a wired option, similar to what @magicammo said,

Cloud 2's are great. I've had my pair for about 3 years now and they perform just like new.

Cool, I'll add it to the list. Thanks!

Edit: 90 bucks here, that's damn good in useless Australian monopoly money

Not sure what you are doing but my Voids are 2 years old and still like new. I wouldn’t say I have looked after them and my 3 year old thinks they were a toy he could play with when I was at work.

What broke on them? Would be good to know so I can look out for it.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

11 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

Not sure what you are doing but my Voids are 2 years old and still like new. I wouldn’t say I have looked after them and my 3 year old thinks they were a toy he could play with when I was at work.

What broke on them? Would be good to know so I can look out for it.

For me it was basically hardware/software faults I imagine. I took good care of them mostly.

On the first pair the battery just died out over time (but that wasn't a Void Pro, it was the older model), the second pair lasted much longer but a random fault came up. It's as if the USB charging port on the headset just stopped working. It won't appear on iCUE as connected and it stopped charging, even when swapping cables around and using different chargers or computers. Weird thing is it seems to charge partially when the dongle is unplugged? It also happened overnight; working wonderfully one day and just gone the next. What's annoying is that my current pair is under warranty, but since I live in South Australia and I bought it last year in Oregon somewhere, that's bust. Returning them to Corsair's RMA department is always an option, but I don't want to wait around for months to get it back.

Don't get me wrong, I truly loved the damn thing, but after 2 breakdowns I think it's time for something a different.