Red LEDs above Ram

Vitus

I just received my pre-built PC from iBuyPower with the following specs ; Mobo: MSI Z390 TOMAHAWK, CPU: Core i7-9700KF, GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB ASUS DUAL OC, RAM: DDR4 - 3200 XPG D41.

Now, When i received the PC, I made sure everything was well connected, booted it up and worked perfectly. after about an 2 hours of testing games, while playing CS:GO, the PC froze and i manually shut it off after about 5 minutes.

After the reboot, windows told me something went wrong and i couldn't get back into the computer. I then notice 2 LEDs solid red, above the ram and tried finding the problem in the manual, and all it says, is that it's DIMM LED's that indicate if 

the memory is installed. I took the ram out, put it back in and they're still on. checked the bios and it says there's nothing wrong ( to my little knowledge in PC's). Also just now, Got this message after the the pc crashed (2nd photo). So much for plug and play...

20191210_035233.jpg

20191210_040956.jpg

Super weird, I suddenly had these LEDs on my MSI board too yesterday.

I just opened the MSI Gaming App and turned on all LEDs (as I have them all off) and then turned them all off again and now they're gone..

If you want to test your system I recommend:

Memory: memtest

CPU: Cinebench (R15 or R20)

GPU: 3DMark (Demo on Steam)

Storage drives: CrystalDiskBench

This could be a weird intermittent Windows issue, but that's something quite difficult to test for after building the system (as a Windows update could have caused it).

If the problem persists, I would recommend contacting the pre-built manufacturer's support.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Should have a reason in the trouble shooting area of the manual. Color should indicate status. Assuming there is an actual issue with them. 

Could always call and test your luck with their customer service. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz