Games keep crashing on a week old pc

Hi, I've recently bought and built a new pc (Ryzen 5 2600, GTX 1660 SUPER, 16Gb of ram) and since I've owned only a pre-build, I don't have that many experiences with all of this. 

Everything seemed to go fine: installed Windows, Geforce Experience, Steam etc. but when I got to play the first game (Doom 2016), it started crashing in around 20-minute intervals. I thought it could be some outdated drivers, so I reinstalled them manually in the Geforce Experience, but the crashing persisted until I wasn't even able to get to the main menu. I found out that it could actually be a problem with the game because some people had the same issue and after a few failed attempts on fixing it, I gave up on Doom and tried another game, Battlefield 1.

Guess what! Battlefield keeps crashing as well. I've downloaded some monitoring software (NZXT CAM and MSI Afterburner) to find if the issue was in the hardware but found nothing weird. I played both games on ultra and had more than 100fps, so I don't think my pc wouldn't handle it.

The last thing I could think of are the temparatuers. I have a pretty budget but nice looking case (Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L) which has relatively good reviews and the only thing that reviewers complain about is the single case fan in combination with the choked intake. Though I've heard nobody complaining the bad airflow made their CPU throttle. 

I'm currently looking at the monitoring software both CPU and GPU are sitting at 50°C, so this might be the problem...

Btw sorry for my crappy English and thanks for any help!

If it's 50C while gaming, and the hardware is actually being used, those are really good temperatures, really good indeed. I assume that's the CPU temperature, as graphics cards tend to be a bit hotter? Either way, it's not your temperatures. It could be instability. Is the CPU or RAM overclocked? What computer is it, since it's a pre-built?

Quote me so I can reply back :) 

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

What is your PSU?

50c under load isn't throttling at all. 

Is software crashing, or PC freezing/restarting?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

3 minutes ago, Bruno_A said:

If it's 50C while gaming, and the hardware is actually being used, those are really good temperatures, really good indeed. I assume that's the CPU temperature, as graphics cards tend to be a bit hotter? Either way, it's not your temperatures. It could be instability. Is the CPU or RAM overclocked? What computer is it, since it's a pre-built?

Both CPU and gpu are 50C at idle (and I've heard CPU should be around 30C at idle, so that's why I worry)... Didn't think of overclocking yet, so they're not. And I've owned a pre-built before but this is a custom PC.

3 minutes ago, MrBlueskyCZ said:

Both CPU and gpu are 50C at idle (and I've heard CPU should be around 30C at idle, so that's why I worry)... Didn't think of overclocking yet, so they're not. And I've owned a pre-built before but this is a custom PC.

Run Hwinfo64 and download A64.

Run the CPU/GPU/Memory stress test and report back numbers on temps.

Also, what PSU, and is the software just crashing to desktop or is the PC restarting or freezing?

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

7 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

What is your PSU?

50c under load isn't throttling at all. 

Is software crashing, or PC freezing/restarting?

I've got a Seasonic 520W fully modular.

My bad, but I somehow forgot to mention that the temps are at idle, that's why it seems weird.

Yeah, I got a blue screen once (found it could be related to gpu drivers, that's why I reinstalled them. I hasn't bluescreened since.

1 minute ago, MrBlueskyCZ said:

I've got a Seasonic 520W fully modular.

My bad, but I somehow forgot to mention that the temps are at idle, that's why it seems weird.

Yeah, I got a blue screen once (found it could be related to gpu drivers, that's why I reinstalled them. I hasn't bluescreened since.

No restarts?

1 minute ago, Plutosaurus said:

No restarts?

No, it hasn't restarted by itself

1 minute ago, MrBlueskyCZ said:

No, it hasn't restarted by itself

Usually if it is temperature or hardware issue it's hard freeze or restart.

Download Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)

Download the latest game ready Nvidia driver. https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-tutorial

Uninstall GeForce experience (and don't use it again).

Run DDU per the guide.

See what happens.

Also run memtest and make sure your memory sticks are in the correct slots and settings

25 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Usually if it is temperature or hardware issue it's hard freeze or restart.

Download Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)

Download the latest game ready Nvidia driver. https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-tutorial

Uninstall GeForce experience (and don't use it again).

Run DDU per the guide.

See what happens.

Ok, so I downloaded the driver, checked the ram sticks, unistalled geforce experience and ran the DDU.

It booted back and I guess it really uninstalled couple things since Afterburner can't see the gpu now.

Just now, MrBlueskyCZ said:

Ok, so I downloaded the driver, checked the ram sticks, unistalled geforce experience and ran the DDU.

It booted back and I guess it really uninstalled couple things since Afterburner can't see the gpu now.

Run the game ready driver exe

8 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Done, it looks like Afterburner can see the gpu now

32 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

It must have been the drivers then... Everything seems to work and Doom runs as it should!

Thanks a lot!