black friday with free shipping with europe tax

DarkDragon2

hello

i'm just writing this cause im realy let down ... so black friday free shipping and i was thinkin ... hmmm ... ok lets do it ... its a lot of money but the guys deserve it .. so a hoodie and some underwear its 130€ less 30€ for shipping lets do it :D
and now ... the shipping and taxes from my country ( portugal ) will be plus 80€ ... so 210€ for a hoodie and underwear .. thats sooooo much money .. if i had know that i wouldnt have done it .. its not for the money but it is 1 year of floatplane just for the "tax shipping" ..

i know that its not LLT fault im just let down cause its wayyy to much money just for something that the LTT brand will not have the money and i will not have the money ... just gone for the "shipping taxes" 

Lets hope the hoodie and underwear will be 180€ worth  :P 

42 minutes ago, DarkDragon2 said:

hello

i'm just writing this cause im realy let down ... so black friday free shipping and i was thinkin ... hmmm ... ok lets do it ... its a lot of money but the guys deserve it .. so a hoodie and some underwear its 130€ less 30€ for shipping lets do it :D
and now ... the shipping and taxes from my country ( portugal ) will be plus 80€ ... so 210€ for a hoodie and underwear .. thats sooooo much money .. if i had know that i wouldnt have done it .. its not for the money but it is 1 year of floatplane just for the "tax shipping" ..

i know that its not LLT fault im just let down cause its wayyy to much money just for something that the LTT brand will not have the money and i will not have the money ... just gone for the "shipping taxes" 

Lets hope the hoodie and underwear will be 180€ worth  :P 

Can you clarify exactly what the issue is?

You're talking about the import fees and taxes charged by your own government, correct?

Whenever ordering things internationally, you should always calculate how much import taxes you're going to have to pay.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

noone said that was a issue .. as i said .. i was just let down by so much taxes and import fees it almost doubled the price .

49 minutes ago, DarkDragon2 said:

if i had know that i wouldnt have done it .

you have to know what your countries import taxes are and duties

now you know

Just now, DarkDragon2 said:

noone said that was a issue .. as i said .. i was just let down by so much taxes and import fees it almost doubled the price .

Yep - it sucks. It's why I rarely import things from overseas. I try to only stick to things from the US that are covered under NAFTA, which are exempt from import fees (still have to pay taxes on everything, mind you).

Did you do the math ahead of time to figure out how much you'd be charged?

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

obviously not

would have been the first time getting something shipped i bet

moreover first time getting something shipped that the op actually paid for

it is a life lesson for the o.p.

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Yep - it sucks. It's why I rarely import things from overseas. I try to only stick to things from the US that are covered under NAFTA, which are exempt from import fees (still have to pay taxes on everything, mind you).

i to a lot of random small things from aliexpress and from like 200 things i didnt pay for nothing more from fees and taxes ... 
but yeah from my "math" i would have to pay 23€ for fees from my country .. but i wasnt expecting the other 60€ from import fees from the shiping company and taxes from the shiping company and then after all that even more tax from the country x)

1 minute ago, amdorintel said:

obviously not

would have been the first time getting something shipped i bet

moreover first time getting something shipped that the op actually paid for

Some people also get a false sense of buying internationally when they buy some stuff eBay, and the seller ships stuff labeled as "gift" to circumvent import fees and taxes. This is of course illegal but who's gonna stop 'em?

The other problem with sellers doing that is that they undervalue the items (to get them under the gift exemption) and that often means basically no insurance (or not enough insurance) in case of damage.

It's a learning curve for sure.

1 minute ago, DarkDragon2 said:

i to a lot of random small things from aliexpress and from like 200 things i didnt pay for nothing more from fees and taxes ... 
but yeah from my "math" i would have to pay 23€ for fees from my country .. but i wasnt expecting the other 60€ from import fees from the shiping company and taxes from the shiping company and then after all that even more tax from the country x)

I think you might need to break down (in a list) exactly what you were charged, and how much? It's confusing to try and follow what exactly you were charged.

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

I think you might need to break down (in a list) exactly what you were charged, and how much? It's confusing to try and follow what exactly you were charged.

rights and impositions 31 € 

entry trafic 15€

title deposit 2€

storage 4€

Prints and Stamps 6€

Administrative Charges  12,5 €

----

and after all that tax from the country for all the things 23%

its confusing to me too x) 

rights and impositions 31 € 

entry trafic 15€

title deposit 2€

storage 4€

Prints and Stamps 6€

Administrative Charges  12,5 €

----

and after all that tax from the country for all the things 23%

its confusing to me too x) 

And what were you charged at checkout?

I often was tempted to buy some stuff on amazon us or similar as it wouldn't have been actually more expensive including taxes and fees,  but.. the waiting.. and then if something breaks you need to ship it back?  Not worth it. 

I did however order several gaming consoles and a shit ton of games from Hong Kong,  no issues (except fees and taxes obviously lol) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

8 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

And what were you charged at checkout?

its tomorrow when it arrives . its 80€

its tomorrow when it arrives . its 80€

Sorry - what exactly is the $80 Euro?

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

something like 90 usd 

2 minutes ago, DarkDragon2 said:

something like 90 usd 

You misunderstood my question. I know how much the conversion is for $80 Euro. I'm asking specifically what charge is the $80 Euro? What's it for? Is that tax at checkout? Is that shipping fee? Is that your total?

This is really confusing lol.. 

One thing to keep in mind,  at least here in Germany, if you order something with ups or fedex they'll actually pay the import fees for you and then charge you that amount + ~30€ "handling fee" but if you let it ship through regular post service you only have to pay regular custom fees and they're usually much cheaper, maybe it's something like that the OP is talking about (extra fees by the shipper basically,  aka ransom fees) 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Just now, Mark Kaine said:

This is really confusing lol.. 

One thing to keep in mind,  at least here in Germany, if you order something with ups or fedex they'll actually pay the import fees for you and then charge you that amount + ~30€ "handling fee" but if you let it ship through regular post service you only have to pay regular custom fees and they're usually much cheaper, maybe it's something like that the OP is talking about (extra fees by the shipper basically,  aka ransom fees) 

UPS and Fedex (and other couriers) charge all pretty much charge a handling fee for customs. This is the same in most (all?) countries.

I'm just trying to get a full breakdown from the OP to make sense of what he was charged.

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You misunderstood my question. I know how much the conversion is for $80 Euro. I'm asking specifically what charge is the $80 Euro? What's it for? Is that tax at checkout? Is that shipping fee? Is that your total?

on the LTT store 130€ - 30 € for free shipping .. no problem there perfectly normal ...  .. and if i want to receive it , i will have to pay the 80€ from the "fedex" company .. for shipping fees and taxes from the country 

on the LTT store 130€ - 30 € for free shipping .. no problem there perfectly normal ...  .. and if i want to receive it , i will have to pay the 80€ from the "fedex" company .. for shipping fees and taxes from the country 

Oh I see - so the $80 Euro is the Fedex charges (all your import fees and taxes + handling fee).

In that $130 Euro from LTT, did that include any taxes, or was that just the products + shipping?

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

UPS and Fedex (and other couriers) charge all pretty much charge a handling fee for customs. This is the same in most (all?) countries.

I'm just trying to get a full breakdown from the OP to make sense of what he was charged.

See. :)

(80€ is ridiculous btw) 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Just now, Mark Kaine said:

(80€ is ridiculous btw) 

Oh for sure - but that's why it's important to know your local import laws.

It's usually an expensive and painful learning experience.

3 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

(80€ is ridiculous btw) 

yeah thats why im sharing that .. so that some dumb @ss like me sees this and knows that from europe if we buy something .. its a lot of money .. xD

Oh for sure - but that's why it's important to know your local import laws.

It's usually an expensive and painful learning experience.

the laws dont say that much ... i think this is more the shipping companys then the laws ... every one wants a cut ...