Should I use GeForce expirence or manually download NVIDIA drivers?

Should I use GeForce expirence or manually download NVIDIA drivers? Or is their another way to auto update your drivers?

15 minutes ago, PastryRace said:

Should I use GeForce expirence or manually download NVIDIA drivers? Or is their another way to auto update your drivers?

I find the GFE software way too bloated and intrusive. These days I simply download the driver and skip the bloat

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I consider avoiding downloading or installing GeForce experience to be the most difficult and annoying part of driver updates.  Less annoying than having it load and having to use that astoundingly broken interface.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

The question is; 'Do I need Geforce?'

The Answer is; No

But is it handy to have it? Yes and here is why.

1. It will keep track on the latest versions of NVIDIA drivers and will let you know when one is released
  2. Geforce can help you set the graphics for the game that your system can handle (sometimes it set it a bit to high the game settings) and you can toggle it down with the tool when you click on the game in Geforce
  3. If you're into content creation you may like to use NVIDIA's game capturing tools or not

CPU Intel i7 12700F Motherboard ASUS H670 Wifi RAM Corsair 4X 8GB 3600 MHz GPU ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070

Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1TB | 980 1TB | 970 EVO PLUS 1TB Case Fractal Design Define Compact Tempered Glass Dark

10 minutes ago, Relph84 said:

The question is; 'Do I need Geforce?'

The Answer is; No

But is it handy to have it? Yes and here is why.

1. It will keep track on the latest versions of NVIDIA drivers and will let you know when one is released
  2. Geforce can help you set the graphics for the game that your system can handle (sometimes it set it a bit to high the game settings) and you can toggle it down with the tool when you click on the game in Geforce
  3. If you're into content creation you may like to use NVIDIA's game capturing tools or not

Oh, it would be fantastic if it could be made to function reliably.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

17 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I find the GFE software way too bloated and intrusive. These days I simply download the driver and skip the bloat

How so?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Oh, it would be fantastic if it could be made to function reliably.

Never had an issue once over 3 years with 100 Pcs built...

GFE I have heard horror stories but I build twice or so a week and maybe years ago but today it's not unreliable on many new updated systems.

Not saying it doesn't happen, but you are an outlier not a norm here...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

5 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

GFE I have heard horror stories but I build twice or so a week and maybe years ago but today it's not unreliable on many new updated systems.

That could be.  My hardware is not new.  So old in fact that the new driver for my gpu turns my monitor off before Windows even loads.  I’ve got to roll back the driver to something that works but I can’t see my system to do it.  It’s not even windows specific.  Ubuntu live cd did it to me too.  I may have to dig through my crud to find an old AMD card just so I can fix my Nvidia stuff.

17 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

The need for an account to use it is absolutely ridiculous, and annoys me a lot because there's no good reason for it. Other than that though, I don't think there's anything objectively wrong with it.

The recommended settings are usually really crappy in my experience, but that mostly comes down to if you prefer high frame rate.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

You don't need to update drivers overall if you aren't having issues.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

How so?

Well for starters, you have to have or create an account to use.

Telemetry

'nuff said

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.