Windows 10 Bluescreen Problems

ADedL33Sp00n

Hello everyone! I have spent all day trying to figure out what is going on with my PC, I am at a complete loss. I dont want to bore people so I will give a pretty quick rundown. 

Build: Asus Z370i mini ITX Motherboard

i5-8600k

Asus Strix RX 570

Corsair SF 450

Corsair Vengence PRO RGB

Air cooled

PC Blue screens every time I start a game, have tried multiple titles and it seems anything with fairly modern 3d graphics just makes it give up. Unfortunately the Blue Screen just kinda flashes before the PC restarts so I havnt been able to find an error code or anything (even tried recording the crash in slow motion on my Note 9, no luck, over exposed)

Here is what I have tried so far (not in chronological order)

Re-seated components and power plugs
Updated Radeon Drivers to Most recent (19.12.1)
Backdated Radeon Drivers to last stable build (19.9.2)
Windows Memory Diagnostic x2
Underclocked/ Set default on all components, XMP OFF (in case PSU was reaching power limits)
BIOS Update
Uninstalling unnecessary programs\

I am going to work on getting a new GPU for testing but obviously my other components are tougher to borrow from people, I am in a fairly rural area.

Thanks for any help!

25 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

Usually BSOD's give an error code. Have you tried searching that up at all?

Unfortunately It just quickly flashes and I cant see the code, Tried using the slow motion on my Note 9 to try and catch it but it was overexposed and I couldn't see it still

1 minute ago, ADedL33Sp00n said:

Unfortunately It just quickly flashes and I cant see the code, Tried using the slow motion on my Note 9 to try and catch it but it was overexposed and I couldn't see it still

Ah sorry. Right. Windows event viewer? Or logbooks

4 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

Ah sorry. Right. Windows event viewer? Or logbooks

I actually diddnt know that Event viewer existed until just now, Would these be it? seems about right

Issue.JPG

7 minutes ago, ADedL33Sp00n said:

I actually diddnt know that Event viewer existed until just now, Would these be it? seems about right

Issue.JPG

Yesyes haha, Now you can troubleshoot. "The system has rebooted because" blabla. Figure out which 1 is most likely.

3 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

Yesyes haha, Now you can troubleshoot. "The system has rebooted because" blabla. Figure out which 1 is most likely.

They all say the same thing that is on that image, "Stopped responding, crashed, or lost power". that doesnt really narrow it down for me lol. should I be looking somewhere else?

Do a clean install.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

When Windows crashes with a BSOD, the default option is for it to reboot after it dumps the error.

To change the Auto-Restart on BSOD do the following:

Press the "Windows Key + Pause Break" on your keyboard (this opens the 'System' Settings on your computer).
Click "Advanced System Settings" on the left side menu.

Under the Advanced Tab, Under Startup and Recovery click the "Settings button".
Uncheck the option for "Automatically restart".

When the system crashes hopefully you can now see the error message.

Typically it should also be saving minidump files to the following directory: C:\Windows\MiniDump
You can open them and try to find the error message, or upload them so others can assist.
To make life easy, I normally use a Tool called "BlueScreenView" (google for the download). It will show you any Mini dump error logs which might make it easier to find out why the system is crashing. You might find a common file which causes the issue or fault code of the BSOD.

Goodluck :)

9 hours ago, Slydn said:

When Windows crashes with a BSOD, the default option is for it to reboot after it dumps the error.

To change the Auto-Restart on BSOD do the following:

Press the "Windows Key + Pause Break" on your keyboard (this opens the 'System' Settings on your computer).
Click "Advanced System Settings" on the left side menu.

Under the Advanced Tab, Under Startup and Recovery click the "Settings button".
Uncheck the option for "Automatically restart".

When the system crashes hopefully you can now see the error message.

Typically it should also be saving minidump files to the following directory: C:\Windows\MiniDump
You can open them and try to find the error message, or upload them so others can assist.
To make life easy, I normally use a Tool called "BlueScreenView" (google for the download). It will show you any Mini dump error logs which might make it easier to find out why the system is crashing. You might find a common file which causes the issue or fault code of the BSOD.

Goodluck :)

Thanks! I let it crash again after making that change and the error I got was CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, I scanned the QR code that went along with it, Microsoft basically hunting for Buggy Drivers, maybe I will actually have to do that Enderman suggested.

Would almost rather it be a component issue so I have an excuse to upgrade haha

Yeah, if not feel free to post the mini dump, i can try and gander at it and find out what might be causing the issue.

Glad to hear the steps worked out for you to get you that next step along :)