100% CPU Usage Rainbow Six Siege

Vambium
Go to solution Solved by Paul Rudd,
21 minutes ago, Vambium said:

Here is the link to the CSGO clip (https://upload-video.net/a1107aGDE12-noau)

Perfect. Your CPU is perfectly fine and not overheating. Barely even touching 70 degrees is exactly where it should be. In those prior screenshots showing it hit 90 degrees, I would think that's a couple different cores for split seconds. Those same screenshots were showing the entire CPU hitting just over 80 degrees and that's also as a result of when you had it clocked at 4.5 GHz. I say leave it at 4.2 and you'll be fine.

You could try to bump up that fan curve to give your fan speed a little more power than 75%(I'd go 90%) and possibly try 4.3-4.4 GHz but that's totally up to you. Just try to keep the CPU in the 70 degrees and understand that it's perfectly fine to reach into the 80 degrees as it is designed to reach the 90 degrees, no problem.

Oh and remember, when your monitor is 144 Hz, pushing extra fps past 144 your eyes will never see. As I mentioned before though, I do understand the many reasons to go above and beyond 200. I personally recommend capping your fps just a little from game to game in order to keep your CPU cool. With that insanely high frame rate, pushing those frames is only going to give off unnecessary heat. Try capping your fps at approximately 200 and see if you notice any difference in game play to see what I mean. It should be identical to what you're already seeing. Your CPU will thank you for it and probably stay in the 50's to 70's degrees instead of the 60's to 80's degrees. Depending on the CPU clock speed you end up going with of course.

The key will be to keep that CPU voltage around 1.1 to 1.2. It's when it's hitting that 1.3 that its heating up more. If you can, try looking in MSI Afterburner to see if you can show voltage while gaming. That will help out a lot imo.

2 minutes ago, Vambium said:

Sorry my bad, misread your question. Here is my CPU fan speeds as well as my other ones. I've set my fan speeds to aggressive in hopes of it cooling down everything more

Looks like they're not set aggressive enough as the max fan speed is hitting 1149 RPM's. That's around 76.5% of it's full potential. However, I wouldn't think making it more aggressive is going to do much though because your CPU shouldn't be hitting 91 degrees when your CPU usage is around 66% as shown in one of the screenshots above. It's hitting 1.3 volts and that seems a bit high for 4.2 GHz.

Not sure why it's hitting 1.3 volts at 4.2 GHz. Also not sure exactly if that's too high or not for your CPU. You did mention you've applied and reapplied different thermal pastes multiple times. Do you think it's possible that you could have made some type of mistake when installing the cooler? Something loose or anything like that? If you're positive that you installed it pretty well, then that may not be it. Seems more troubleshooting is necessary here.

Yea, i've reapplied thermal paste over and over again, used thermal pads. Re-seated the heatsink over and over again. I just don't know what to do, these are hot temps, but nothing seems to be working. everything is on default and i've set the CPU to 4200mhz.

8 minutes ago, Vambium said:

Yea, i've reapplied thermal paste over and over again, used thermal pads. Re-seated the heatsink over and over again. I just don't know what to do

There are numerous reasons a CPU can be getting hot without it being pushed much. Troubleshooting is basically ruling out things one by one. You're already doing those things. It can be frustrating but I think eventually you'll be able to pinpoint the problem.

The steps you've already taken and the screenshots you've already posted should provide valuable information for the other people that view this post. I'll continue to see what else I can find.

Yea, tell me anything else you wish for me to do because I have no idea what else to do at this point

I've been having heating issues for a couple years now trying to pinpoint the problem with no luck

Just now, Vambium said:

I've been having heating issues for a couple years now trying to pinpoint the problem with no luck

Have you by chance been doing a lot of gaming and running this CPU at 4.5 GHz, hitting these high 80 to 90 degrees temps throughout those couple of years?

8 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Have you by chance been doing a lot of gaming and running this CPU at 4.5 GHz, hitting these high 80 to 90 degrees temps throughout those couple of years?

well i've had it set to default so since it was on 4500mhz I guess yea, because i've never changed it

3 minutes ago, Vambium said:

well i've had it set to default so since it was on 4500mhz I guess yea, because i've never changed it

And have you kept your PC on for the most part in those years? Or do you shut it down daily.

3 hours ago, Vambium said:

There has been updates, but the dev team at ubisoft said the only fix for the 100% CPU usage bug was to limit your FPS to your monitors refresh rate

Why wouldn't you do that anyway? There's no reason to run it at a higher frame rate unless you enjoy tearing.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

4 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

And have you kept your PC on for the most part in those years? Or do you shut it down daily.

For the most part I just leave it running at the desktop with no programs opened when I sleep

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Why wouldn't you do that anyway? There's no reason to run it at a higher frame rate unless you enjoy tearing.

Some people would argue that even though the monitor is capped at 144hz the more frames makes the game smoother with the mouse feel

Just now, Vambium said:

For the most part I just leave it running at the desktop with no programs opened when I sleep

Well when your CPU has been clocked at 4.5 GHz, even while you're not gaming(as shown in the screenshot I had you post earlier in your task manager), those years of it running all day everyday at 4.5 GHz may have took its toll on your CPU.

To test this, try clocking your CPU at say 3.0 GHz, cap your fps at say, 60, and then play a game. If your CPU is hitting 90 degrees while doing this, something is definitely wrong.

6 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Not everyone experiences tearing doing that. The games I can achieve over 200 fps in I've yet to experience tearing letting my fps fly on my monitor. Could be my G-Sync doing its thing? V-Sync I have OFF in almost every game I play.

3 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Not everyone experiences tearing doing that. The games I can achieve over 200 fps in I've yet to experience tearing letting my fps fly on my monitor. Could be my G-Sync doing its thing? V-Sync I have OFF in almost every game I play.

Then either double or triple buffering is being forced. Which makes sense if you've got a G-Sync monitor. It's still capping you to 144fps (or whatever your refresh rate is), but not every frame is actually being displayed.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

15 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Then either double or triple buffering is being forced. Which makes sense if you've got a G-Sync monitor. It's still capping you to 144fps (or whatever your refresh rate is), but not every frame is actually being displayed.

Maybe. I have triple buffering OFF in the global settings of the Nvidia control panel so not sure if it's being forced. I do understand my monitor can only display 144 frames per second but I have four reasons I let some games run over 144 fps...

• To see what fps I can achieve in said game
  • To not let my fps go below 144 fps
  • Because my hardware is barely being pushed
  • Because my temps are cool as a cucumber

When playing games above 144 fps and my hardware is being pushed and my temps are more than warm, sure, I'll cap my fps to 144.

Seeing my fps above 200, my hardware barely being used and my temps cool while playing games gives me peace of mind. Especially in League of Legends.

These are the temps and clock speeds of my CPU while playing rainbow six siege at 3000mhz 60FPS

Temps3000.png

17 minutes ago, Vambium said:

These are the temps and clock speeds of my CPU while playing rainbow six siege at 3000mhz 60FPS

Drag the bottom of CPUID down more so I can see the CPU usage. Don't scroll down, drag the bottom down so you can see everything.

The voltage is down, so that is good.

Sorry I had already changed the frequency back to default with turbo boost off by the time I saw your reply but here are the screenshots of that while gaming in rainbow six siege

TempsLonger.png

8 minutes ago, Vambium said:

Sorry I had already changed the frequency back to default with turbo boost off by the time I saw your reply but here are the screenshots of that while gaming in rainbow six siege

That screenshot looks fine now. Although I don't see your CPU VCore in the screenshot for some reason.

What graphic settings are you using in R6S? Ultra? Medium? Custom?

I have everything set to High, Although it doesn't matter which graphics settings I change it to like medium or low because it still gives me the same framerate because I have it limited and the CPU usage stays the same. The CPU Temp also hovers around 70 - 80 degrees and in CSGO it went over 90 degrees which im still not understanding why

6 minutes ago, Vambium said:

I have everything set to High, Although it doesn't matter which graphics settings I change it to like medium or low because it still gives me the same framerate because I have it limited and the CPU usage stays the same. The CPU Temp also hovers around 70 - 80 degrees and in CSGO it went over 90 degrees which im still not understanding why

Do you know how to use MSI Afterburner?

I have it, but i'm not really sure how to use it. I can get it to display information on the screen while im gaming if that's what you're asking

Just now, Vambium said:

I have it, but i'm not really sure how to use it. I can get it to display information on the screen while im gaming if that's what you're asking

Correct. At this point, I'd like to see what you're seeing while gaming.

Use it to show all your cores/threads while gaming. To show them, you tick CPU1, CPU2, CPU3, CPU4, CPU5, CPU6, CPU7 and CPU8 in the settings.

Showing CPU/GPU/RAM/VRAM usage and all that good stuff is good to show too. Record a clip while gaming for around a minute and post it.

I have to go to bed now but I'll check it out tomorrow sometime.

What CPU fan do u have?

MAIN PC (Beast) - Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WIFI  with BIOS 4703, AMD Ryzen R9 3900XT + Corsair H115i Pro RGB XT Cooling, 32GB G.Skill 3200Mhz 16,18,18,38 1.35v DDR4, Inno3d HerculeZ Design Nvidia GTX 1080 X2 8GB GDDR5,  1 x Samsung U28E590D & 1 x Samsung U32J59XUQ 3840 x 2160 4K, 1 x Samsung Evo 970 Evo Plus NVME PCI-E 1TB, 1 x Samsung Evo 850 250GB, 1 X Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240GB + 2 X 3TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III, 1 x LG BH16NS40 16x BR\DVDRW, ICYBOX IB3740-C31 & ICYBOX IB3640-03,  MZHOU 7 Ports PCIe USB 3.0 Card, 1 x XIAOLO 2.5G Intel I225V Ethernet Card, 2 x UGREEN Hard Drive Enclosure 3.5 inch External SATA Disk Caddy Reader USB 3.0 2.5 3.5 HDD SSD 16TB UASP Case Dock Station With 12V 2A Power Adapter For Windows with 6TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III, Corsair Obsidian 750D Wind Force Edition Case + 5 Corsair ML140 140mm Case Fans, EVGA 750 g3 750w Gold 80+ PSU, Logitech MX Vertical Mouse, Logitech MX Vertical & MX Ergo Trackball Mouse using same USB unifying device, Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard, Windows 11 Pro x64 Retail, Synology ds215j NAS + 1x3TB WD Reds connected to a 6TB Seagate USB 3.0 Backup Plus Hub, Blue Yeti Microphone, Logitech C922 Pro HD,  Logitech C920 Pro HD, Bit Defender Total Security 2021.

Second PC (Cyclops) - MSI 990FXA Gaming, AMD FX 8370 4Ghz, Corsair 16GB Vengeance Red 9-9-9-24 1600Mhz, Arctic Cooling Freezer 13, Asus Strix 1050TI 4GB, 1 X Acer 27" Full HD Monitor, 1 X Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240GB, 1 x Samsung Evo 850 250GB, 2 X Seagate Barracuda 2TB, 1 X WD Black 2TB, 1 x ASUS 16x DVDRW, X-Case Eagle III Case, 3 X Corsair AF 120 Case Fans, EVGA 850 G2 80+ Gold + PSU, Logitech MX Master Mouse, Corsair K30 Keyboard, Logitech C920 Webcam, R0DE NT1-A Microphone, Scarlet 212 Audio Interface (Revision 2), Windows 10 Pro X64 Retail, Bit Defender Total Security 2021, 2TB Seagate Expansion USB Hard Drive.

Third PC (Old Trustie) - Acer Aspire M3400, OEM Mainboard, AMD FX Athlon II X3 425 2.7Ghz, 16GB Corsair Value 1600Mhz Ram, OEM CPU Cooler, AMD R7 260 2GB GPU, 1 X Acer 27" Full HD Monitor, 1 X Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240GB, 2TB Samsung SATA III, 1 X OEM 16X DVDRW, 1 X Acer OEM Case, 1 X Corsair AF120 Case Can, Corsair CX500 Bronze+ CPU, Logitech MX Master Mouse, Corsair K30 Keyboard, Windows 10 Home X64 OEM, Logitech C920 Webcam, Bit Defender Total Security 2021.

Printers Include - Canon MG5750, Canon, IP8750,  Canon Pixma Mega tank G5050 & 2 X Samsung Xpress C410W.

1 X Zexrow Xbox360 Wired Game Controller.

TP Link Archer AX6000 Cable Router Wifi6 with a Virgin Media Hub 4.0 in Modem only mode running 1GB Fibre internet.

Samsung Galaxy S21+ 256GB Mobile Phone.

Internet Speed.....

https://www.speedtest.net/result/9935039193

8 hours ago, jimkirk363 said:

What CPU fan do u have?

I have the Noctua NH-U12S