Evga 670 4gb + 670 2gb Sli?

Agons

Hey everyone I have been pondering this for a while and now i'd like to pick your brains for a bit if you don't mind.

I currently have a EVGA 670 stock 2GB, Now for the future I was considering expanding my workstaion (which has 3 monitors and i game on it) to 4 possibly making the main monitor a higher res than 1920 x 1080.

My question is this, would SLI work with another EVGA 670 that was a 4GB version with a higher clock as the main card. Then use the 2GB as the second so I would have 4GB for the system to use for all the monitors and get the extra power from the second card?

Any thoughts are appriciated!

-Agons

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

It will work but only in 2gb mode. It would be a waste of money to get a 4gb card unless you were planning to upgrade to another 4gb card in the future.

just dont do it, waste of money because only 2 gb can be used on each card. I would rather say, sell your current card and get a 680 4gb or a 770 4gb when they come out somewhen in may.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Ok, remember when you run SLI you are only using one of the cards memory, NOT BOTH like linus said last stream. That being said, yes you can run two cards with conflicting ram sizes because they are all still based on the same chip and in the end that is what counts. Just make sure to put the higher ramage card in the primary slot so you take advantage of the extra ram(correct me if i am wrong here) . You also might want to consider a GTX titan IFF you have the money just because in multi monitor gaming more ram is better. 

Its better to get a 4Gb 670 because your using so many monitors 

Ok, remember when you run SLI you are only using one of the cards memory, NOT BOTH like linus said last stream. That being said, yes you can run two cards with conflicting ram sizes because they are all still based on the same chip and in the end that is what counts. Just make sure to put the higher ramage card in the primary slot so you take advantage of the extra ram(correct me if i am wrong here) . You also might want to consider a GTX titan IFF you have the money just because in multi monitor gaming more ram is better. 

both cards load the same things in memory, so only 2gb of the 4gb card will be used

If you really want the 4gigs, then you could just buy a 4gb card now, put it in the system and then sell the other one and get another 4gig card when that is sold..! :)

(Comming soon)

That is what i was wondering, because i know that you only get to use the ram on the main (or first GPU) i was just worried trhat if i had a 4gb card as my mina that it wouldn't work as 4 GB becasue it would recoise that i onlty had 2 gb on the second card witch would give me 2gb total instead of 4gb.

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

both cards load the same things in memory, so only 2gb of the 4gb card will be used

That is unfortunate... well i already have the 2gb 670 so i guess ill wait a while, heck if i wait long enough ill probably end up getting what ever nvidia has in store in the 700 series lol