Blizzard/Activition Refunds for a broken CODMW game?

Booterbotter
Go to solution Solved by Mark Kaine,
58 minutes ago, Booterbotter said:

I guess you are wrong then?

I think BBB pushed the refund despite Blizzard keeps on telling me and BBB that it's beyond 72 hours from purchase.

I just played around 3-4hours as they saw the date/time stamp on my account. 
Blizzard even kept on brushing me off 3x before I finally escalated and filed a complaint to BBB.

Thanks @Mark Kaine because you helped me out here :)
It was worth a shot. 

image.png.bdba5be0256676b965e135d40b6b3de6.png

Heh, nice! Kinda knew it.  Like I said more people should do this... 

Anyone else attempted to demand a refund to Blizzard/Activition on their broken CODMW game?
A game that within the game, they would force update it, break it then you have to re-download the whole game. 
Scan and repair may or may not work, not to mention you have to uninstall and re-download the whole 130GB+ game files to have it working again. 
The great thing about it is, all my friends are also having the issue and it's all over the internet forums and google search lmao. 

Then they would tell you even if you just purchased/played the game a few hours (I just got it last 11/25).
"Basically the refunds are not normally something we offer as all sales are intended to be final. While we do try and help out with exception were possible, these are extremely limited and dependent on the time that has passed since the purchase and the amount of activity on the game."

Nice scam blizzard lmao. I felt I throw a $63.99 

If we report this to the better business bureau, will they file a case or so to push it?

24 minutes ago, Booterbotter said:

Anyone else attempted to demand a refund to Blizzard/Activition on their broken CODMW game?
A game that within the game, they would force update it, break it then you have to re-download the whole game. 
Scan and repair may or may not work, not to mention you have to uninstall and re-download the whole 130GB+ game files to have it working again. 
The great thing about it is, all my friends are also having the issue and it's all over the internet forums and google search lmao. 

Then they would tell you even if you just purchased/played the game a few hours (I just got it last 11/25).
"Basically the refunds are not normally something we offer as all sales are intended to be final. While we do try and help out with exception were possible, these are extremely limited and dependent on the time that has passed since the purchase and the amount of activity on the game."

If we report this to the better business bureau, will they file a case or so to push it?

Depending on local law they dont always have a choice.

For example, in the UK if software isnt fit for purpose they HAVE to give a refund if one is asked for.

In the case of games, if the game is a buggy mess and you dont want to deal with it, the simple fact of the mater is , it isnt fit for purpose, and thus they have to refund.

i know consumer rights are not as protective in the US so i cant say for certain if u have the law on ur side or not.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I've never had that problem, nor have I heard it of others. I also can't find these "all over the internet" posts you speak of.

Seems like the problem might be on your end.

The BBB isn't designed for that.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

5 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I've never had that problem, nor have I heard it of others. I also can't find these "all over the internet" posts you speak of.

Seems like the problem might be on your end.

The BBB isn't designed for that.

https://community.callofduty.com/t5/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-PC/Dev-Error-6065-FIX-THIS-GARBAGE/td-p/11212947

https://www.windowscentral.com/list-call-duty-modern-warfare-bugs-and-issues

Try to google that disc read error, that's what I have been having.

The fix for it sometimes is to just do a scan and repair, or completely uninstall and download the whole game. 
It's not isolated for me, my friends have the same issue from time to time.

Even you are inside the game already and it works fine, then you get a multi kill. Boom!
The problem is the game is not really optimized and they force the game updates within the game lol. 
Never had this problem on steam, uplay, origins, epic. Only on CODMW battle net and not to mention Overwatch don't have this issue.

You are lucky you don't have that issue then. 

So BBB won't be able to help out I guess?

54 minutes ago, Booterbotter said:

People should report buggy or otherwise faulty software to the BBB or similar way more often so yes please do.

# for a better digital future 

Thank you!  

PS: I'm pretty sure this is illegal, you have the right to withdrawal for 2 weeks after you bought something online - including software,  if you're in the EU! 

Steam gets around it by actually offering refunds, which doesn't seem like something that store you bought your game from does. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

6 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

People should report buggy or otherwise faulty software to the BBB or similar way more often so yes please do.

# for a better digital future 

Thank you!  

Thanks, I am submitting one now. Hopefully they can shed a light here because the game is good? YES.
The game is super buggy? YES, just google it and see the links I gave out there. 
It may not be happening for everyone but think about it this way.

Basic steps you can do is scan and repair the game, if that does not work. 

You'll have to uninstall/download/reinstall the 130+GB game, not everyone has the leisure not to mention unlimited data or fast internet to be able to do that always every time.

It's more about principles at this point,  at least if you're in the EU you're entitled for a refund (worldwide regulations maybe different) 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

10 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

It's more about principles at this point,  at least if you're in the EU you're entitled for a refund (worldwide regulations maybe different) 

I only played 29 Matches all in all as per their website in CODMW.
Each matches are around 10-15 minutes or even less, so that's not even 24hrs or 12hrs of total game play.
They keep on telling me:
"Im sorry to let you down but we’re not able to help with this refund due to too much game time on your account"
$63.99 is around 49 pounds I believe. That's something I can use for other better games. 
Don't get me wrong, I love the game. I just hate how they can't optimize it. They launched it at a buggy state, I thought purchasing it after 3-4 weeks of it's release (not to mention the Black Friday Sale), would eventually fix everything by now. But nope :(
I guess for now I'm stuck and will wait for the BBB for their response.

1 hour ago, Booterbotter said:

https://community.callofduty.com/t5/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-PC/Dev-Error-6065-FIX-THIS-GARBAGE/td-p/11212947

https://www.windowscentral.com/list-call-duty-modern-warfare-bugs-and-issues

Try to google that disc read error, that's what I have been having.

The fix for it sometimes is to just do a scan and repair, or completely uninstall and download the whole game. 
It's not isolated for me, my friends have the same issue from time to time.

Even you are inside the game already and it works fine, then you get a multi kill. Boom!
The problem is the game is not really optimized and they force the game updates within the game lol. 
Never had this problem on steam, uplay, origins, epic. Only on CODMW battle net and not to mention Overwatch don't have this issue.

You are lucky you don't have that issue then. 

So BBB won't be able to help out I guess?

None of my friends that own the game have that issue either *shrugs*

No, they won't.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 11/29/2019 at 6:29 AM, dizmo said:

None of my friends that own the game have that issue either *shrugs*

No, they won't.

I think BBB pushed the refund despite Blizzard keeps on telling me and BBB that it's beyond 72 hours from purchase.

Blizzard even kept on brushing me off 3x before I finally escalated and filed a complaint to BBB.

It was worth a shot. 

58 minutes ago, Booterbotter said:

It was worth a shot. 

Heh, nice! Kinda knew it.  Like I said more people should do this... 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity