[HELP] RDR2 ultra settings look awful? low res textures

Flanelman

Hey guys,

So I'm just wondering, does anyone else have really bad textures? the ground, rocks, and trees are very low res. I'm playing poker atm and the cards are blurry as hell. I have a mix of settings throughout and have been messing around with the settings trying to sort this out to no avail. If I change my textures from ultra to low, and restart they look the exact same and my FPS doesn't change. I've tried medium and high and again, no change.

Image 1: https://prod-cdnugc-rockstargames.akamaized.net/ugc/rdr2photo/iMje3u0qTkqGQduY6hCgQw/0_0.jpg
Image 2: https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/photo/rdr2/K2ENTz--zkeLTWXDkLbceA 
Image 3: https://prod-cdnugc-rockstargames.akamaized.net/ugc/rdr2photo/7rpi0RscI0atN0-Y_bzDWQ/0_0.jpg

These images are with Ultra textures

Also, does anyone know how to change the resolution using Vulkan GPU API? I can change to DX12 and change res, then change to Vulkan but that just makes the game shit itself and a restart just reverts it to 1080p if Vulkan is selected. Is it just not possible to use Vulkan at any other res than 1920x1080?

Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, Saksham said:

check the driver settings

Which settings? I have tried 441.12, 441.20, and am currently on 441.41 Nvidia drivers, none of them seem to have made a difference. Within both GeForce experience and the settings file in documents/rdr2/settings it says that my textures are on Ultra but I refuse to believe that those textures are ultra haha.

Ultra settings is to much for the game. With my 2080ti on everything ultra I get low 30s for my FPS. Drop everything to high and more than double your FPS easily.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

10 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Ultra settings is to much for the game. With my 2080ti on everything ultra I get low 30s for my FPS. Drop everything to high and more than double your FPS easily.

well the issue is for me low, medium, high and ultra all look the same, and I'm guessing they all look like what low should look like. It's like my settings menu is just there for looks and nothing actually changes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2019 at 5:32 AM, Flanelman said:

well the issue is for me low, medium, high and ultra all look the same, and I'm guessing they all look like what low should look like. It's like my settings menu is just there for looks and nothing actually changes.

whats your resolution? I play on 1920x1080 monitor with ingame resolution 2715x1527 (yes, this is no joke).

Iam suspicious you are playing with TAA on.

For some reason on FHD and lower TAA makes the screen looks like oil painting. On 1440p and higher it makes it looks really good. Try higher the ingame resolution - GPU will downscale it anyway but with TAA it helps alot!

• 1 year later...

I dont know if you still have that problem but for me it was the TAA Sharpness. If you put it on full, everything will be blurry and shadows will be pixelated. Move the bar all to the left and then press the right arrow exactly 27 times for the perfect setting