How wide is a Razer Blackwidow's spacebar?

whoisjaya

So, long story short, I bent my blackwidow's spacebar stabiliser and can't really bend it back(tried an endless amount of times, it just doesn't really work), meaning I need a new one. In order to get one, though, I'd need to know how the spacebar is; I tried measuring it using the keyboard's keycaps, but that seemed a little vague.
So if anyone knew how wide its spacebar is, or even had somewhere(preferably in Europe due to shipping, taxes, pollution, etc) to get it from(was thinking of buying it from Amazon, but I guess I'll have to see), that'd be perfect. Oh, also, it looked to be almost exactly as wide as my Redragon Kumara's spacebar, so if anyone knew its size but not the blackwidow's spacebar's one, I'd probably also try that. :)

Thanks in advance! :) 

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

From what I'm seeing online it looks like the Blackwidow is 6u (as opposed to 6.25u for most standard keyboards), but I'm not sure how compatible getting a new stabilizer will be for that board.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

It's probably a 6u spacebar, while standard is 6.25.

114.3mm vs. 118.10mm

1u = 19.05mm.

Standard layout:

mod-comp1.png

(15u wide)

Looking at a picture:

Spoiler

71sXzUqI9XL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I can safely say the Windows, fn and that one key on the right next to control are 1u. Ctrl+Alt are 1.5 u (just like Tab and backslash), which totals: 9. That leaves 6 units for the spacebar.

6u = 114.3mm. The two stabilizers should be 100mm apart from each other:

https://support.wasdkeyboards.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009701328-Keycap-Size-Compatibility (third image on the site)

It's entirely possible the stabilizer is standard/defalt, while the spacebar is not.

That should give you some pointers are what to measure for..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

9 hours ago, zlolslavez said:

From what I'm seeing online it looks like the Blackwidow is 6u (as opposed to 6.25u for most standard keyboards), but I'm not sure how compatible getting a new stabilizer will be for that board.

9 hours ago, minibois said:

It's probably a 6u spacebar, while standard is 6.25.

[...]

8 hours ago, sowon said:

I believe it would be 6u thanks to Razer's decision to implement a non-standard bottom row. Here's an image I found of a Razer Blackwidow Chroma's keycap dimensions.

[...]

Thanks for the answers! xqcL
Seems like I'll have to buy a $15 one because it's the only one I could find lol

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace