Upgrading to a new case and rebuilding system (nothing fancy just thought I'd share)

harrynowl

So I had £350 to build a PC earlier this year to replace my old Core2 system that went bang. I had to choose the Zalman Z9+ Case or I'd have been in a spot of bother building my PC and having no room/cooling for my hardware. (I still ran SLI 9800GTX)

I saved enough from not buying console games (I've spent like £20 on 30 games this year...) and online and have pretty much overhauled that entire build. (Whilst selling my old hardware for not much of a loss at all (like £20 in total!).

Current hardware in my signature. I'd like to keep it a blue themed build because my board is black/blue, can anyone recommend a GTX770/80?

I'll be getting a Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl case. The aim to be keeping the PC quiet whilst I render and game, as it gets a bit annoying sometimes hearing the low buzz of generic stock fans.

define-r4-black-pearl-midi-tower--29.jpg

The case should arrive Monday so I'll update this then!

aww you didnt get the windowed version 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

The case should arrive Monday so I'll update this then!

what's your actual budget though... you didn't mention that, you just said you had 350 pounds but also that you sold stuff etc.. and are looking for a 770

as far as I know, there are no blue 770s or 780s. you might need to stick with a black card, like gigabyte windforce oc models.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

what's your actual budget though... you didn't mention that, you just said you had 350 pounds but also that you sold stuff etc.. and are looking for a 770

Well I had £350 earlier this year that I used to build a base system, I had to get the cheaper case- I'm upgrading the case but that means I have to "rebuild" the system so I thought why not log it :)

as far as I know, there are no blue 770s or 780s. you might need to stick with a black card, like gigabyte windforce oc models.

I was tempted to try my hand at painting a EVGA card a metallic dark blue.

Nope, silence > windows for me!

theres also the ability to look in through the window to see if everything running thats why i love my phantom im always changing out fans ram gpus etc so it helps just to look though the window to see if everythings running  

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

theres also the ability to look in through the window to see if everything running thats why i love my phantom im always changing out fans ram gpus etc so it helps just to look though the window to see if everythings running  

Still take silence, my rigs not that pretty anyway- no LEDs or anything:P, I'd just like to have a matching colour scheme inside :)

Still take silence, my rigs not that pretty anyway- no LEDs or anything:P, I'd just like to have a matching colour scheme inside :)

nor mine i just want space and the ability to change parts easily 

Specs

Nope, silence > windows for me!

The difference between the windowed version and non windowed version is very minimal in my opinion.

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558