Not sure what motherboard and CPU to get!

brobika

I've already got a great pc. I'm currently using an i7 6700k CPU and an Asus Z170-A motherboard. I need more though since its been a few years and I'm ready to upgrade to something (more) overkill. My upload speed is great and I would love to stream at 1080p for playthoughs and apex legends, which means better CPU. I'm not sure what motherboard to get and I'm currently thinking about getting an i9 9900k CPU. Any advice for motherboard? Also, I'm willing to spend $1000 on the CPU but no more than that.

Thanks for any tips in advance :)

15 hours ago, brobika said:

I've already got a great pc. I'm currently using an i7 6700k CPU and an Asus Z170-A motherboard. I need more though since its been a few years and I'm ready to upgrade to something (more) overkill. My upload speed is great and I would love to stream at 1080p for playthoughs and apex legends, which means better CPU. I'm not sure what motherboard to get and I'm currently thinking about getting an i9 9900k CPU. Any advice for motherboard? Also, I'm willing to spend $1000 on the CPU but no more than that.

what GPU do you have?

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

Make a Ryzen system.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

23 minutes ago, Martin2132 said:

what GPU do you have?

gtx 1070

19 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Make a Ryzen system.

why do you say this?

There's no need to spend $1000 on a CPU with AMD's current lineup of 3rd Gen Ryzen. A $500 3900X is more than capable for a streaming system, it's actually overkill. Pair it with a solid X570 motherboard and you're set. Would you consider an AMD build?

2 minutes ago, brobika said:

why do you say this?

Because Ryzen is honestly becoming better than intel for mainstream platform. More value for your money. If you have a GTX 1070, get a 3700x or higher Ryzen CPU and upgrade the gpu in a few years.

Pc Specs: 

Ryzen 7 5800x- ROG STRIX X470-F  - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16gb 3200mhz - Kraken X63 AIO - MSI VENTUS 3x OC RTX 3070 - EVGA 1000W GW - NZXT H500i

15 hours ago, brobika said:

why do you say this?

since current gen ryzen is really powerful that to beat the ryzen 5 3600, you need atleast an i7. its cheaper too. that CPU you have is atleast on par albeit slightly weaker than a 2600. so i think you are still good. 

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

1 minute ago, Ehmc130 said:

There's no need to spend $1000 on a CPU with AMD's current lineup of 3rd Gen Ryzen. A $500 3900X is more than capable for a streaming system, it's actually overkill. Pair it with a solid X570 motherboard and you're set. Would you consider an AMD build?

I agree, AMD is the way to go.

Pc Specs: 

Ryzen 7 5800x- ROG STRIX X470-F  - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16gb 3200mhz - Kraken X63 AIO - MSI VENTUS 3x OC RTX 3070 - EVGA 1000W GW - NZXT H500i

45 minutes ago, brobika said:

Ryzen 9 3900x and a sub $200 board set you close to $800 or you can settle on 3700x and a sub $200 then a year or two later grab the 3900x or 3950x.

23 hours ago, Founders said:

Yes I'm more than willing to switch to AMD if it's better!

23 hours ago, Founders said:

Because Dr. Lisa Su has a death grip on Intel's balls right now. AMD is making a strong come back. 

Hahaha okay

23 hours ago, OlympicAssEater said:

Ryzen 9 3900x and a sub $200 board set you close to $800 or you can settle on 3700x and a sub $200 then a year or two later grab the 3900x or 3950x.

Sounds good thank you!

23 hours ago, Martin2132 said:

since current gen ryzen is really powerful that to beat the ryzen 5 3600, you need atleast an i7. its cheaper too. that CPU you have is atleast on par albeit slightly weaker than a 2600. so i think you are still good. 

Awesome thanks!

23 hours ago, battlebox56 said:

I agree, AMD is the way to go.

Noted! Thanks