PCIe WiFi Card

Nathan5660

Heres one for you, haunted hardware! My TP Link W88...ND...something or other (the cheap one thats popular on Amazon) WiFi card WILL NOT work properly with my new TP Link TL wr841n router.......

For some reason my little USB wifi adapter works better. Using it the wifi is faster by a MASSIVE amount, and more importantly the USB one dosnt just stop working for no reason. 

Wheras the PCIe card just stops working sometimes. And tells me the network has no internet access even though it freaking does! I know that because the USB one works fine. 

This is the most baffling thing I think I have ever dealt with. It makes no sense.....

So. My question is. Should I just buy a diffrent PCIe WiFi card (thinking of the Asus PCE AC68 as that seems pretty fool proof). Or is there something I can do to get my TP Link one working. It works fine with the other routers in the building, but not my TP Link one.....which makes no sense cos...same manafacturer. 

Any help would be great. Im relly stuck and confused! 

your post here makes no sense. so its connected, and says connected, but then says no internet right next to it?

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

1 hour ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

your post here makes no sense. so its connected, and says connected, but then says no internet right next to it?

Yeah pretty much. 

Says its working then I open a webpage. Open another one and it stops working. Like I open facebook, scroll through a bit get bored. Open a new tab and go to say youtube DEAD. No access, page wont load nothing happens. 

I use my USB wifi adapter and everything is fine. Everything works as it should do. 

Even tried out of date drivers on the PCIe card and it makes no diffrence at all. 

4 hours ago, Nathan5660 said:

Yeah pretty much. 

Says its working then I open a webpage. Open another one and it stops working. Like I open facebook, scroll through a bit get bored. Open a new tab and go to say youtube DEAD. No access, page wont load nothing happens. 

I use my USB wifi adapter and everything is fine. Everything works as it should do. 

Even tried out of date drivers on the PCIe card and it makes no diffrence at all. 

so some things work some doesnt? Check your Wifi Controllers on Control Panel. Disable everything that can take control of the incoming network such as a VPN, i used NordVPN Premium and it disabled wifi for everything accept like 5 programs. Even on mobile it caused 2 apps on my phone to not work, while everything else was fine.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

2 hours ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

so some things work some doesnt? Check your Wifi Controllers on Control Panel. Disable everything that can take control of the incoming network such as a VPN, i used NordVPN Premium and it disabled wifi for everything accept like 5 programs. Even on mobile it caused 2 apps on my phone to not work, while everything else was fine.

I dont have a VPN. It works for like a few minutes and then it just dies for no reason. Legit been using the USB wifi adapter for about 6 hours and its been fine. Cant even use the PCIe card for 6 minutes before it stops working. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2019 at 3:55 AM, Nathan5660 said:

I dont have a VPN. It works for like a few minutes and then it just dies for no reason. Legit been using the USB wifi adapter for about 6 hours and its been fine. Cant even use the PCIe card for 6 minutes before it stops working. 

then its a defective part

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 11:12 PM, LamoidZombieDog said:

then its a defective part

Well it cant be. Because two of the same wifi cards dont work on my network. Any other network is fine.