Cheat engine for Linux?

Go to solution Solved by CactusMan,

Any cheat engine for Linux? I am thinking about hacking and cheating in my Linux games. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

We don't condone or help with cheating. Good luck.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

it's not called hacking if you just open cheat engline and swap some numbers that the program gives you.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

12 minutes ago, flashiling said:

it's not called hacking if you just open cheat engline and swap some numbers that the program gives you.

It totally is hacking, buddy. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

13 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

It's single player games. Do you not condone cheat codes? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

What's a cheat engine?

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

7 minutes ago, wasab said:

It totally is hacking, buddy. 

no it's not mate. 

just don't

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

7 minutes ago, wasab said:

It's single player games. Do you not condone cheat codes? 

there is a difference between cheat codes and programs to alter game data.

cheat codes were put in games by the devs

3 minutes ago, Video Beagle said:

What's a cheat engine?

program that alters the game data, but we don't condone the use of it here

Just now, Video Beagle said:

What's a cheat engine? 

Cheat tool. 

https://www.cheatengine.org/

I basically just needs its memory scanner to pin point the correct memory address for memory manipulation attack. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

11 minutes ago, flashiling said:

there is a difference between cheat codes and programs to alter game data.

cheat codes were put in games by the devs

I am not altering the program in any way, shape, or form. I am hacking memeory in ram which is my ram which is on my computer. If that is unethical, then perhaps installing a new operating system than the default one it ships with is unethical. It is not different than editing your own game save file so you instantly rank to level 100. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

5 minutes ago, flashiling said:

no it's not mate. 

just don't

It totally IS

If you do have first hand experience with it, perhaps you should not take the liberty to offer any morale and ethical judgement. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

5 minutes ago, wasab said:

It totally IS

If you do have first hand experience with it, perhaps you should not take the liberty to offer any morale and ethical judgement. 

i have used it before and that's how i know it's not hacking.

the gaining of unauthorized access to data in a system or computer.

that's the definition of hacking.

you are running a program that alters game data you're not accessing another system or computer that you shouldn't be able to.

Hacking is unethical when it harms others or gives you a competitive advantage. I see no problem with messing around with your own experience on a local, solo game that you legally acquired.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, flashiling said:

the gaining of unauthorized access to data in a system or computer.

No and process memory is not unauthorized access by any means. You can literally read a programs memory in ram through virtual files in the /proc directory on Linux. 

And frankly, the fact you used it yourself already makes you stand as a hypocrite.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

12 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Hacking is unethical when it harms others or gives you a competitive advantage. I see no problem with messing around with your own experience on a local, solo game that you legally acquired.

Hacking does not mean unauthorized access to computer system to begin with. I see hack in the same sense as life hacks or when people say I hack my truck into a tractor.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Jesus some of the nonsense posted in this thread is unreal.

OP wants to edit his own RAM to cheat in a SP game not hack the fucking pentagon.

A few months ago a new gamebreaking glitch was found in GTA SA which allowed the any% speedrun to jump from 4hrs to 20m. When it was announced it was proof of concept. The first time the glitch was performed successfully the runner used cheat engine to lock some values. Note this wasn't intented to be a legitimate run, it was intended to prove the theory as true or false. Without cheat engine a few small optimisation required for the trick to work would never have been discovered and the trick would not have been done successfully.

It's more than just a tool to cheat in multiplayer and actually most MP games will have protection against it.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

I see no such thing mentioned in the rules. Cheating in single-player games affects literally one, single person, so no one else should have zero say in the matter. Besides which, I've also used Cheat Engine to get around bugs in games, so it's not even always used for cheating to begin with!

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 hour ago, wasab said:

Hacking does not mean unauthorized access to computer system to begin with. I see hack in the same sense as life hacks or when people say I hack my truck into a tractor.

Indeed. Also, in DIY-community, hacking and hacks are used in relation to modifying one's own stuff, like e.g. I've hacked multiple devices I own in ways that add more functionality to them. Hell, even just installing OpenWRT on a router falls under an accepted definition of hacking.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, Tegos said:

Wut.

Cheat codes also alter game data, they just do it in a different way. Just because they were put in by the devs doesn't mean that there's some sort of huge difference.

they were meant to be there.

that's a huge difference

1 minute ago, Tegos said:

Please elaborate

cheat codes were made by devs and with most of them they were supposed to be placed in the game.

Creating them yourself is different

most game companies who accept mods to their games have said so.

and if a game doesn't want people to mod their game then it's not allowed to mod it, even if you bought the game yourself and even if it's a single player game.

if a game company allows mods then it's different many games allow mods, i play motor sport manager 2019 and i have an F1 mod so my drivers are the ones that are racing in F1.

That mod is okay since the guys who made the game has said that mods are okay for the game.

even if mods weren't allowed people would still do it yes. but that doesn't make it okay.

cheat codes by devs were meant to be there and that's the difference.

making your own isn't okay in many instances.

mods are supported by many games and if they are then go ahead mod the shit out of it.

if they aren't then they probably don't want people to mod it.

4 minutes ago, flashiling said:

and if a game doesn't want people to mod their game then it's not allowed to mod it

Yes, it is. You're spouting complete rubbish.

4 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Yes, it is. You're spouting complete rubbish.

i'm pretty sure that many games from nintendo you aren't allowed to mod them

1 minute ago, flashiling said:

i'm pretty sure that many games from nintendo you aren't allowed to mod them

Yes, you are. There is literally no law or anything saying you aren't. The only issue would be if you were sharing modded games with other people, since you'd then be committing copyright-violation, but modding games for your own use? That's not copyright-violation. Sharing custom mods or cheats? That's not copyright-violation, either, as long as you're not distributing any of the original files from the game or their contents.

As an example, writing a cheat with Cheat Engine wouldn't be a copyright-violation, because the file you create does not contain any of the original files from the game nor their contents. It will only modify files you already have, and since you're not sharing those modified files publicly, you have done nothing wrong.