I need help speccing a build for my friend

I'm working on making a computer for my friend who has honestly done way too much for me than I could be thankful for. However, I digress. I need a set of optimized parts in which can get value per dollar. However, I'm not looking for a tight budget; I have some liberty when it comes to price.

I mainly want to make a good gaming pc that can play games such as:

-Minecraft (moderate/heavy mods and some shaders)

-Fps games (Apex, etc)

I also want these games to be able to play at moderate and maybe high settings at a base of 75fps.

I also am looking for a pc that can host servers (mainly minecraft), and can run games while having discord and other applications open

For this, I thought that higher speed ram at 16gb with a "tanky" graphics card and 3rd gen ryzen. Check it out:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/G_Fuel/saved/mNGp8d

Any adjustments I need to make? I'm honestly wasn't 100% sure with the graphics card, as I want great power, and my rtx 2080 super is treating me amazingly. I also have a slight bias towards Rog products, although I'm open to objection. I need help soon, as I wanna get these pieces around cyber monday for some possible good deals. Thanks in advance.

Along with @ZeouLs recommendation...

This might be a personal thing.. but I would drop the cooler, and improve to a 3700x. Prism cooler is pretty good 

Drop the 970 Evo to a HP EX920. Use that money to bump to a 2TB HDD

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

Are you sure you need an industrial Noctua Fan ?

also unsure why youre getting a warning for shared bandwidth in pcie and sata 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

32 minutes ago, G_Fuel said:

I'm working on making a computer for my friend who has honestly done way too much for me than I could be thankful for. However, I digress. I need a set of optimized parts in which can get value per dollar. However, I'm not looking for a tight budget; I have some liberty when it comes to price.

I mainly want to make a good gaming pc that can play games such as:

-Minecraft (moderate/heavy mods and some shaders)

-Fps games (Apex, etc)

I also want these games to be able to play at moderate and maybe high settings at a base of 75fps.

I also am looking for a pc that can host servers (mainly minecraft), and can run games while having discord and other applications open

For this, I thought that higher speed ram at 16gb with a "tanky" graphics card and 3rd gen ryzen. Check it out:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/G_Fuel/saved/mNGp8d

Any adjustments I need to make? I'm honestly wasn't 100% sure with the graphics card, as I want great power, and my rtx 2080 super is treating me amazingly. I also have a slight bias towards Rog products, although I'm open to objection. I need help soon, as I wanna get these pieces around cyber monday for some possible good deals. Thanks in advance.

You can get Win10 for 10-30USD from legitimate resellers. Keyboard is going to be a personal preference, so might want to hold off on that. Your monitor choice wasn't the right choice for this build. Get him a high refresh, 1080p and call it good. Memory can be dropped to 16Gb if needed, but that's the way to go.

19 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

You can get Win10 for 10-30USD from legitimate resellers. Keyboard is going to be a personal preference, so might want to hold off on that. Your monitor choice wasn't the right choice for this build. Get him a high refresh, 1080p and call it good. Memory can be dropped to 16Gb if needed, but that's the way to go.

Dude thanks so much for this, you balanced it way better than I did lol.

1 hour ago, G_Fuel said:

Dude thanks so much for this, you balanced it way better than I did lol.

Glad to help. It helps when the BuildAPC hivemind settles on a lot of parts. And shoutout the great u/NewMaxx , who's the King of SSD info.