Q: Returning components that come with game codes

Buyingbf_

How would the process for returning components with game codes and other stuff work? The Ryzen 5 3600x is $199 on Amazon right now, but I'm still anticipating deep r5 3600 deals at around $170. However, the current 3600x Amazon sale includes a game and Xbox Game Pass. I'm planning to buy it to secure my deal but return it if I spot a better 3600 deal. Do I just not redeem the codes I receive for the 3600x when I'm returning them? Stressing super hard over these pre-Black Friday deals right now.

They could technically refuse the return or deactivate the key, or just not do anything.

The ethical thing to do is obvious, don't redeem it if you plan on returning it.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

Bigger question is, is it worth the hassle for $20? Thats less than what freebies are worth.

Or even less if you are going from X to no X.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, Buyingbf_ said:

How would the process for returning components with game codes and other stuff work? The Ryzen 5 3600x is $199 on Amazon right now, but I'm still anticipating deep r5 3600 deals at around $170. However, the current 3600x Amazon sale includes a game and Xbox Game Pass. I'm planning to buy it to secure my deal but return it if I spot a better 3600 deal. Do I just not redeem the codes I receive for the 3600x when I'm returning them? Stressing super hard over these pre-Black Friday deals right now.

Technically, you aren't supposed to activate the code if you have intention of returning it. If you activate the codes, and then decide to return it, it's not like they will hand the same codes again to a new customer. But it's treated like any other open-box return, in which the retailer almost certainly will just charge you a restocking fee if you've opened it. That's to discourage the practice of returning opened items. If you're not sure that's the best price just don't open it right away.

From me experience amazon doesnt care about the codes being redeemed.

The free game bundle is an amd promotion though. You might wanna check their site to see how long the promotion lasts. 

Also i cant really think of any reason to spend more on the 3600x over the 3600. Unless they are on sale for the same price.

To me its not worth the hassle to return and rebuy something over $20.