What RAM to get for my thinkpad E495 for duo channel memory.

Right now I am using one ram stick with these specs.

1408111710_2019-11-19202304.png.3b22d19931ae2c97b28677dc2fb63674.png

When I purchase another 8GB stick do I have to choose a samsung one??? Or I just have to make sure it is a DDR4 2666 Hz one.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

The same type of stick is the best in terms of compatibility. In theory, dual channel should work as long as the second stick has the same size, speed and CAS latency.

You should probably look at Lenovo's memory guide for compatible sticks: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/my/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-edge-laptops/thinkpad-e495-type-20ne/parts/pd014502

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

28 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

The same type of stick is the best in terms of compatibility. In theory, dual channel should work as long as the second stick has the same size, speed and CAS latency.

You should probably look at Lenovo's memory guide for compatible sticks: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/my/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-edge-laptops/thinkpad-e495-type-20ne/parts/pd014502

how to check the CAS latency of the new RAM stick... does it show on the package itself? 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

3 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

how to check the CAS latency of the new RAM stick... does it show on the package itself? 

Shops usually list it along with the other specs like frequency. If not, you can check the manufacturer's website for the exact model. And of course CPU-Z can tell you, but you'd need to install the stick first. Your screenshot shows the CAS latency for your existing RAM.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply