CM Hyper 212 Evo and Fx 8350

Gazz
Go to solution Solved by Gazz,

Guys thanks for the help. I got a friend to come over and take a look. He remounted it for me and it looks fine now. I do not know what i did but I did the exact same as my friend. It must have moved or something when i did it. It is all good now, I am sure ill be back with more problems in the future. Thanks.

So today I installed the hyper 212 evo. However I am not sure if I did it correctly. I can still slightly see the top two corners of the cpu. Is it ok like that? Do i need to remount the cooler? could it cause damage to the cpu? Thanks in advance for any replies.

WELCOME TO LTT FORUMS!

WE BITE SO DONT COME NEAR:D

Hope you can get help:)

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

WELCOME TO LTT FORUMS!

WE BITE SO DONT COME NEAR:D

Hope you can get help:)

Thank you

can u show us pictures? have u turned it on? if so how are your temps?

thats the thing cant turn it on till tomorrow at soonist i have no gpu. i just thought someone might have an idea i dont want to screw it up.

thats the thing cant turn it on till tomorrow at soonist i have no gpu. i just thought someone might have an idea i dont want to screw it up.

pics?

pics?

ill try its kinda hard to get my phone in to see it 

I can show you pictures of the 212 on my 8320. Should give you an example of how it looks.

Edit: I don't know how to resize the pics, deal with it. 

75c6Tvu.jpg

lf3XK0A.jpg

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I can show you pictures of the 212 on my 8320. Should give you an example of how it looks.

Edit: I don't know how to resize the pics, deal with it. 

pics?

I dunno if you you can see the picture if not can you tell me how to get it up here

file:///C:/Users/Gary/Downloads/20140207_204405.jpg I dunno if you you can see the picture if not can you tell me how to get it up here

Upload it to Imgur, and then paste the link.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

So today I installed the hyper 212 evo. However I am not sure if I did it correctly. I can still slightly see the top two corners of the cpu. Is it ok like that? Do i need to remount the cooler? could it cause damage to the cpu? Thanks in advance for any replies.

It should be fine, there is No way to install The cooler in The wrong place unless You Are using The wrong mounting holes but that is almost impossible. Watch your temperatures for The first few days then everything should be fine!

It should be fine, there is No way to install The cooler in The wrong place unless You Are using The wrong mounting holes but that is almost impossible. Watch your temperatures for The first few days then everything should be fine!

i dunno about that it was done by me http://imgur.com/bZWfqGV

its not centered on the cpu, realign it and try again

CPU: AMD fx-6200 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA 970a ud3p RAM: Team Vulcan 2x4GB 1600 DDR3 GPU: HIS R9 270x 1160/1500 PSU: Logisys 750w 80 Plus Bronze Storage: Kingston 120gb V300/ Western Digital Black/Seagate Barracuda

Looks like a GPU in the pic. No GPU, you say????

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

its not centered on the cpu, realign it and try again

i know its not centered on the cpu thats why im asking is it ok. i try for like 2 hours to line it  it up and it just wouldnt work. it would cover the cpu and miss the holes or it would go in the holes and be a little off.

Looks like a GPU in the pic. No GPU, you say????

nope not at all

From the pics you posted here, it looks like you left on the piece that attaches the stock cooler to the board. You must remove that plastic part around the CPU socket before you mount the cooler. Use the mounting hardware that came with the cooler to make it fit proper because that looks nothing like how I had the 212 evo on my 8350/Crosshair V in the past. Also, those stupid spring legs on the evo do have a 'proper' way to go, but it is not clearly marked. Try switching the way they are positioned and line it up before tightening it. It might take a few tries before you figure it out, I remember that being annoying.

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

From the pics you posted here, it looks like you left on the piece that attaches the stock cooler to the board. You must remove that plastic part around the CPU socket before you mount the cooler. Use the mounting hardware that came with the cooler to make it fit proper because that looks nothing like how I had the 212 evo on my 8350/Crosshair V in the past. Also, those stupid spring legs on the evo do have a 'proper' way to go, but it is not clearly marked. Try switching the way they are positioned and line it up before tightening it. It might take a few tries before you figure it out, I remember that being annoying.

no i removed the stock bracket and i used the stuff that came with the cooler. i followed the instructions and watched a couple of videos and i did it exactly the same way. i also noticed the way you have to do it properly but as you can see that hasnt helped.

Guys thanks for the help. I got a friend to come over and take a look. He remounted it for me and it looks fine now. I do not know what i did but I did the exact same as my friend. It must have moved or something when i did it. It is all good now, I am sure ill be back with more problems in the future. Thanks.

i know its not centered on the cpu thats why im asking is it ok. i try for like 2 hours to line it  it up and it just wouldnt work. it would cover the cpu and miss the holes or it would go in the holes and be a little off.

it does work i have the same cooler on the same socket type cpu. the screws with the springs need to be set in the middle position. and you need to use the back plate that came with cooler

CPU: AMD fx-6200 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA 970a ud3p RAM: Team Vulcan 2x4GB 1600 DDR3 GPU: HIS R9 270x 1160/1500 PSU: Logisys 750w 80 Plus Bronze Storage: Kingston 120gb V300/ Western Digital Black/Seagate Barracuda

it does work i have the same cooler on the same socket type cpu. the screws with the springs need to be set in the middle position. and you need to use the back plate that came with cooler

I did do all that. Its fixed now anyway. Thanks

That did look like the stock mounts in the picture though... the one that comes with the 212 evo is different (I Just did this the other day)

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD