Very old parts what should i do?

He everyone I'm new here but have heard Linus talk about his forum for years. So now that i have a few questions that I'm a little lost on why not come and see what happens here.

My moms friend had some of her friends with some old PCs that they wanted gone. And my name came up as someone who would dispose of the drives safely so no data is left and i get the rest. so today upon getting them i see two cream white monsters and one with a windows 2000 key on the top lol.  then i think it off to the recycles to let them get scraped but when i open them up. I see they both have Gigabyte motherboard and both are AGP video and one has some funky AMD slotted in CPU. I go get my VGA cable and plug the Intel one in boots right up but no video so i do my normal with a old dusty machine. I get my caned air and blow out the slow and clear the contacts plug it back in still nothing. Take it back out and look at the card closely and there's a fried IC so i can no longer test that PC on to the next one with the odd AMD cpu. Plug her in boots right up i get video but upon its startup checks it gets stuck on "Checking NVRAM". I Google it says its a ram error i clean the slot and the contacts try again and still stuck. So then i try the same thing with the other 2 slots and nope still stuck on "Check NVRAM". So at this point with my 2 paper weights i start looking up the parts in the systems. seems theres some value if you can wait for the right buyer.

My question here is would it be worth buying and AGP card/Ram off ebay to further test these computers or just ship them off the scrap yard?

The AMD pc has A Gigabyte GA-7IXE rev1.1 and a AMD Althon A0900mmr24b (hope i copied it right lol)

the Intel one has a Gigabyte GA-8IPE100 Pro-g with a 3.2ghz pentium 4

DSC_0879.JPG

DSC_0882.JPG

If you enjoy tinkering with stuff as a hobby, go ahead. If you are really trying to find value and make some money,  don't waste your time. Throw them away

oh my god thats ancient.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

There's nothing weird about that AMD CPU, it's an original Athlon. They are notorious when it comes to RAM compatibility issues. Even down to specific brands, speeds and timings. If it's an SD RAM board it's not so bad but the DDR ones (which this looks like it is) are nightmares to get working stable.

There's a cult following to old hardware, mostly nostalgic people like myself who have been hanging on to their old system pieces for decades and are looking to expand or replace defective pieces.

As a matter of fact my friends and I are having a LAN in a couple months based around Windows XP hardware only and early 2000s games. Which is a throwback for us because that's what we did from 2002 to about 2010 for fun. 

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Generally the only stuff that is ever worth anything is because it’s incredibly rare or absolutely top end for its period.  Had a freind that had a ti994a expansion case.  Bigger than a whole PC.  The cable to the ti994a was so badly shielded a common debugging technique was to turn on a radio and set it next to the cable and listen to the squeal from the radio produced by the cable.  That one is rare.  A top end thing would be something like a 4790k cpu.  Not a 4770k.  The very very top end.  If you’ve got any of that there you might have something worth pulling and putting on eBay.  If you don’t though, and it’s likely, you wasted the canned air.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I was leaning to just toss the stuff but it was worth asking about. You never know what someone might be looking for tho i don't think i wasted my canned air. I had fun monkeying around with the stuff and thanks for the reply's. i think ill play around with them alittle more tho =P