Windows 10 wont recognize WiFi? :0

sirEthan

Brand new pc, I like to hardwire because 82319037 ping stinks, but when I'm not hardwired I can't get my pc to even recognize any wifi, is it because I haven't activated windows or am I doing something wrong?

6 minutes ago, sirEthan said:

Brand new pc, I like to hardwire because 82319037 ping stinks, but when I'm not hardwired I can't get my pc to even recognize any wifi, is it because I haven't activated windows or am I doing something wrong?

Do you have a Wi-Fi card?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

I don't believe so, I'm using the Tomahawk b450 and I don't believe it has anything like that installed. I never heard of somebody needing one of those to connect to wifi, is that my problem?

2 minutes ago, sirEthan said:

I don't believe so, I'm using the Tomahawk b450 and I don't believe it has anything like that installed. I never heard of somebody needing one of those to connect to wifi, is that my problem?

Ummm, you need a WiFi card to connect to WiFi, or to have it built into the motherboard.

Laptops come with a wifi card already installed.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, sirEthan said:

Yep,That's your problem.

There are a lot of Wi-Fi cards out there with different performance capabilities.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

This is my first pc build so I'm learning these things as I go, pretty sure my mobo doesn't have one installed, thanks for letting me know XD

Just now, sirEthan said:

This is my first pc build so I'm learning these things as I go, pretty sure my mobo doesn't have one installed, thanks for letting me know XD

No worries, we all started not knowing anything at some point :P

Do you have a budget for a wifi card by chance?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

If you're on a really tight budget I would suggest this for $25
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/kz8j4D/tp-link-archer-t4e-pcie-x1-wi-fi-adapter-aa528899

The big drawback is that the antenna is fixed so if you need to adjust you can't do that aside swiveling the antenna around.

If you can spring a little more then I would suggest this at about $36

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/tTdqqs/gigabyte-wireless-network-card-gcwb867di

You can move the antenna around more freely and put it on top of the PC as well for some better signal as well, it also has Bluetooth support :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Bluetooth support is really nice, thanks for these suggestions! I don't have to get wifi as my Ethernet cord works pretty good but I might ask for one of these for Christmas :)