Do I need to upgrade my graphics card?

buuddyy

Hello,

I am going to be upgrading my system, but I am not sure if I need to get a new graphics card right away. I currently have a GTX1070 and don't have any issues with it. Do you think I am good to stick with that for now?

I currently am running a ryzen build, but am switching back to Intel. I would eventually upgrade my card, but was wondering if my 1070 was still good to stick with.

Thanks 

3 minutes ago, buuddyy said:

I currently am running a ryzen build, but am switching back to Intel.

why you going to blue?

1070 is great depending on your resolution. If you tend to run games at ultra I recommend giving high a try. 

1 minute ago, OlympicAssEater said:

AMD allows you to keep your body parts and not like Intel: INTEL INSIDE, KIDNEY OUTSIDE.

I only had to give up my pinky toe to get my 9700k...  Its really stable and works well with everything, but removing hyper threading was kind of a dick move. 

If you're money-conscious, then it's like an old car.  Keep it until something breaks.  Fix it if you can afford it and replace only the parts that you need to in order to satisfy your requirements.  Don't fix what isn't broken.  If you want to be an enthusiast and spend more money, that's your prerogative as well.

Specifically, your 1070 is fine until you encounter a brand new game or other use that has high requirements that the 1070 can't handle and you can't stand not being able to run them at those requirements.

It depends on what kind of money you want to spend and what your performance desires are. I played on absolute minimum settings (sometimes custom below-minimum) for several years before upgrading this weekend because I didn't want to spend the money to upgrade. Once my graphics card started crashing regularly I decided to upgrade. I'll probably keep my new system for many, many years, but that's my personal preference. A 1070 is still an amazing GPU; if you don't want to upgrade, don't.