Red dead Redemption 2 (SLI ISSUE)

Ayush007

Hey guys,

(YOUR OPINION IS HIGHLY VALUABLE 4 ME)

Hope all of u r experiencing  happy hunting 
Bdw I just wanna share with u some issue,

like many of you r using  multiple gpu,

unfortunately I know this game don’t support sli 

due to which many of you have to compromise in graphic settings.

(I truly sympathised with ur feeling regarding this issue)

I have preloaded this game but didn’t played it yet , but I know it will take my single gpu (when I have two rtx 2080ti)

It will be really difficult for me to get 60fps (ultra setting) at 3440 *1440p resolution monitor.

4 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

It will be really difficult for me to get 60fps (ultra setting) at 1440p 3k monitor

all i can say is that we should hope that Vulcan gets improved, and that Nvidia cards get their driver updates. 

for now, all i can recommend is play around with the settings. manually, because presets apperantly arent great

1440 3k monitor?

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

5 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Hey guys,

I have preloaded this game but didn’t played it yet , but I know it will take my single gpu (when I have two rtx 2080ti)

It will be really difficult for me to get 60fps (ultra setting) at 1440p 3k monitor.

What's a 1440p 3k monitor ?

Also at 1440p a single 2080Ti should be above 60FPS

16 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

What's a 1440p 3k monitor ?

Also at 1440p a single 2080Ti should be above 60FPS

Well Plouffe,

First of i would like to say thanx for sharing this video ,

I appreciate it??????????

Secondly it’s 3440*1440p resolution monitor 

19 minutes ago, flashiling said:

1440 3k monitor?

Hello flashiling,

thnx for taking interest in my section 

it’s actually 3440*1440p resolution monitor.

2 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Well Plouffe,

First of i would like to say thanx for sharing this video ,

I appreciate it??????????

Secondly it’s 3440*1440p resolution monitor 

Well then the FPS will be between the 1440p and 4k we see in the video so still above 60FPS I presume :) 

SLI is official dead. So no Issue here.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 hour ago, Plouffe said:

Well then the FPS will be between the 1440p and 4k we see in the video so still above 60FPS I presume :) 

Crossing my finger ????????

39 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Good for u 

9 hours ago, Ayush007 said:

Good for u 

TThats not what i meant

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

10 hours ago, Praesi said:

TThats not what i meant

Hey prasesi , it’s about understanding other person point of view , I appreciate n agree with ur opinion .I just wanna say tht after spending bucks on multiple gpu ,We  can’t take advantage of it , which is quite annoying u know what I mean.

i don’t know whether my single rtx 2080ti can handle rdr2 at 60fps in ultra setting (3440*1440p) resolution monitor.

SLI is not properly supported, but both cards will work. However, although I've managed to get both cards running at full usage and had an FPS increase, however I cannot fix the insufferable flickering, its seems very random, initially only snow, but creeps up during cut scenes just to go back to normal in gameplay, or the sky while riding around. 

I now have the opposite issue of being unable to stop SLI 'working'! while in the Vulkan API both cards always kick as I don't want to unplug a card or disable SLI entirely. Typical! Only DX12 in game prevents the second card and therefore flicker. 

If anyone has a flicker solution please do share! 4K is a killer for this games performance (as expected). 

• 4 weeks later...

Found the solution if you have Flickering issues, happened to my friend in Quad TitanXP SLI, disable "Threded Optimisation" setting in Nvidia control panel for RDR2. Had this sort of issue on Minecraft some years ago so i proposed this solution and it worked for my friend :)

On 11/11/2019 at 2:04 PM, TomWelsh said:

I now have the opposite issue of being unable to stop SLI 'working'! while in the Vulkan API both cards always kick as I don't want to unplug a card or disable SLI entirely. Typical! Only DX12 in game prevents the second card and therefore flicker. 

Pretty sure you can just render on a single card, you can set per-game profiles in Nvidia Control Panel. IIRC you have the options to force AFR1, AFR2, or single card. 

On 11/7/2019 at 2:50 AM, Praesi said:

Is it? Everything 2070 Super and up supports SLI. There's a massive amount of old cards in circulation that also support it. Support for it has dropped off, but it's by no means dead, unless you play a specific set of quite recent titles. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

SLI is dead, buy a 1660 Super or if feeling frisky flash XT bios onto a AIB duel fan 5700 tbh

6 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

Is it?

Yes, even JayzTwoGraphicsCards and Timmy'My Hair is as Red as the Canadian Flag'Joe admits this

Unless you are KingPin and the only game you play is TimeSpy extreme, or removing your beautifully married pair of videocards out of your computer reminds you of your parents tragic divorce and causes a psychological breakdown that would cost thousands of dollars of therapy to get over, there is no reason to use it anymore

11 minutes ago, Otto_iii said:

SLI is dead, buy a 1660 Super or if feeling frisky flash XT bios onto a AIB duel fan 5700 tbh

Yes, even JayzTwoGraphicsCards and Timmy'My Hair is as Red as the Canadian Flag'Joe admits this
-snip-
Unless you are KingPin and the only game you play is TimeSpy extreme, or removing your beautifully married pair of videocards out of your computer reminds you of your parents tragic divorce and causes a psychological breakdown that would cost thousands of dollars of therapy to get over, there is no reason to use it anymore

It's not fully dead, that's for sure. Some games don't scale well and the 1% lows aren't the best, but when you get it running smoothly it's very very nice. Especially in older titles that scale and run much better than newer stuff (Battlefield 4 and Battlefront 2015 run smooth as silk on my 780s, will test moar games next time I boot that rig up).

Also muh aesthetics tho.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

13 hours ago, Otto_iii said:

I have two 2080 tis. When the 3080 ti comes out they may be put in a single computer.

Why?

I have games that I have played thousands of hours in that support SLI an may play thousands more. 

In those games my two GTX 1080 tis were a lot faster than my single 2080 ti.

For one of those games my 2080 ti struggles at 4k and I think about adding another every time I play. In the meantime I am playing it at 3840 X 1600 Ultra wide.

When I get RDR2 it will be put on my Ultrawide rig and I won't even think about putting it on my 4k rig until there is a card a lot better than a 2080 ti.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

AFAIK RDR2 supports SLI right now. 

Fallen Order supports SLI with near perfect scaling out of the box. Metro Exodus is a simple fix away in the inspector to also support it.

There is a very high probability that Cyberpunk will support SLI as well since Witcher 3 supports it well.

For many SLI might be dead, I couldn't care less. I am enjoying the benefits easily.

As for videos by J2C and Gamer's Nexus, I'm not sure they even know how to play with NVIDIA Inspector (Steve outright refuses to do so even if it's simply because "if it doesn't work out of the box then it doesn't work") so I wouldn't use them as some kind of oracles regarding SLI.

I have learned nothing from them regarding SLI but I have learned plenty from hardcore SLI enthusiasts on various forums.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

8 hours ago, Lathlaer said:

AFAIK RDR2 supports SLI right now. 

Fallen Order supports SLI with near perfect scaling out of the box. Metro Exodus is a simple fix away in the inspector to also support it.

There is a very high probability that Cyberpunk will support SLI as well since Witcher 3 supports it well.

For many SLI might be dead, I couldn't care less. I am enjoying the benefits easily.

As for videos by J2C and Gamer's Nexus, I'm not sure they even know how to play with NVIDIA Inspector (Steve outright refuses to do so even if it's simply because "if it doesn't work out of the box then it doesn't work") so I wouldn't use them as some kind of oracles regarding SLI.

I have learned nothing from them regarding SLI but I have learned plenty from hardcore SLI enthusiasts on various forums.

And im sure J2C and Nexus know more about this stuff than you. But i underrstand that you defent your Money waste. But hey, at least you have Fun.

5 hours ago, Praesi said:

And im sure J2C and Nexus know more about this stuff than you.

Whether they know or not doesn't really matter if they are unwilling to teach.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

1 hour ago, Lathlaer said:

Whether they know or not doesn't really matter if they are unwilling to teach.

They did when SLI was still relevant.

6 hours ago, Praesi said:

They did when SLI was still relevant.

It's funny that you should say that because in their last SLI benchmark Gamer's Nexus admitted that SLI support has improved and while Steve never recommended it, it was first time he did so with a bit of hesitation.

And that was when he out right refused to use Inspector's profile for Hellblade to get great scaling (he even admitted it).

His conclusion was that while he still doesn't recommend it (he never did), the support right now (as of RTX) is greater than has ever been. So take that about relevance however you want.

It’s certainly gotten better since we last looked at multi-GPU game support. We have never once, in the 10-year history of the site, recommended multi-GPU for AMD or nVidia when given the stronger, more cost-effective single-card alternatives.

That trend continues, but it continues with more hesitance in the answer than ever before.

As for J2C, I follow his channel since he did Red Mist and honestly, IDK whether he ever did a guide for SLI users. Only builds.

On 11/7/2019 at 8:57 AM, Ayush007 said:

Hey guys,

It will be really difficult for me to get 60fps (ultra setting) at 3440 *1440p resolution monitor.

NEW games (and games ported from consoles) do not use SLI too often anymore, as SLI is not that popular.

Be prepared that new games will no longer support SLI more and more often.