Good Afternoon,

For my current build i am planning using a 3770k and overclocked to probably 4.0 to 4.2 relatively. I have an old Corsair H50 (i believe) and it's form 2009.

Can it still cool the 3770k and if you can, what would be a relative frequency i should have it run on if i keep the H50?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

No. You would be better off with high end air cooling.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I have to agree with Ghost. Its a bit of a crap shoot with IVB. The problem most of the time is the heat dissaption of the core itself. So watercooling maybe overkill, but a highend air will probably suffice.

I actually have an h50 to cool my Phenom II x6 1055t OC 3.6ghz. It maxes out at 52C.

- Corsair C70 - Asus MA487TD-USB3 - Phenom II X6 1055t OC 3.6GHZ - 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz Mushkin Blackline - MSI GTX 680 4GB OC 

- Patriot Wildfire 120GB - 1TB WD Caviar Black - Corsair H50 

I actually have an h50 to cool my Phenom II x6 1055t OC 3.6ghz. It maxes out at 52C.

That's only a 300Mhz OC.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

1055t is clocked at 2.8ghz

- Corsair C70 - Asus MA487TD-USB3 - Phenom II X6 1055t OC 3.6GHZ - 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz Mushkin Blackline - MSI GTX 680 4GB OC 

1055t is clocked at 2.8ghz

Its boost clock is at 3.3Ghz.

Its boost clock is at 3.3Ghz.

Yes but that's with some cores clocked down. I deactivated boost clock to get 3.6ghz all the time on all the cores, except to have 3 of them run at 3.3ghz and  the 3 others being clocked down to stay within the TDP.

Anyway, I totally agree with Ghost, you're way better off with high end air cooling than with an H50. An H50 is as good as the surface area of a slim 120mm radiator can be, which in this case is not that appealing for an AIO. You'll probably want to get something more along the lines of a Noctua NH-D14, a Phanteks PH-TC14PE or  a Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme because it's going to take something hefty to keep that overclocked 3770k cool since IVB are known to run pretty toasty compared to Sandy Bridge. Also, If you ever consider staying in the world of AIOs, here are some good options to start with:

1. Swiftech H220

2. Corsair H110/ NZXT Kraken X60/ Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme

3. Corsair H100/H100i

4. Corsair H80/H90

5. Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer/Pro

I agree with Ghost as well. I like to make sure that my cooling is a little more then I need so that I don't have to worry and it gives me a little room to play with.