Hong Kong Police Seeks to Hack Telegram

dgsddfgdfhgs
Message added by LogicalDrm

Reminder: No politics in the thread or it will be locked!

Cracking Telegram

The Hong Kong Police Force has been trying to find out the identities of the people running those two Telegram accounts, including by seeking help from cyber experts outside Hong Kong.

One cyber expert, who wished to remain anonymous for fear of reprisal, said that over the past few months, he was repeatedly approached by senior inspectors to use “any means necessary” to uncover their identities.

In one phone call from a senior inspector, the officer asked the source whether it was possible to break Telegram’s encryption protocol to find out who the administrators behind “dadfindboy” and “tanakayotsuba” were, and where they live, with the intention of arresting them at their homes, the source said.

“They’re very desperate,” he said, adding that the police force was seeking “demigod” level access to Telegram.

He was unwilling to do it on principle, the source said, because he believed it was “Orwellian” for police to track down and punish citizens for online speech. But the task itself would also be technically near impossible. “You would need the NSA working with the CIA” to be able to do that, he said.

Telegram provides end-to-end encryption, meaning only the sender and recipient can read the messages. The company also says on its website that all data sent and received on Telegram cannot be deciphered even if intercepted by an internet service provider, owners of Wi-Fi routers the device connects to, or other third parties.

Telegram didn’t respond to a request for comment on its security measures by press time.

source:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/hong-kong-police-seeks-to-hack-telegram-key-tool-in-protests-source-2_3139102.html

just too lazy to post in tech news ...

How to stop these hackers?

In a sense, this isn't new.  Telegram has had an active bounty program for a long time offered to anyone who can find a flaw in their security.  Good luck

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

that's just unethical

this is just like the san bernardino shooting apple thing all over again

but wow they are desperate

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

48 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

hackers?

they got no morales, the government itself has vast sweat shops of "nerds" and "hackers" stealing whatever they want

1 minute ago, amdorintel said:

they got no morales, the government itself has vast sweat shops of "nerds" and "hackers" stealing whatever they want

they already breach dozens of international standards, yet nothing could sanction them

2 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

they already breach dozens of international standards, yet nothing could sanction them

they are a very powerful nation that is certain

they even have facial recognition in all their cameras, to track every citizen and every visitor, they even track your finances, your social media... all black ops

1 hour ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

Why would you need to? I'm not aware of anyone having been able to break Telegram's encryption even once or having broken into their servers. Besides that, there's nothing you can do about it anyways.

If anything, all this comes out as a vote of confidence in Telegram and they should be happy about such positive PR.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

I'm not aware of anyone having been able to break Telegram's encryption even once or having broken into their servers.

Apple seems to have had a good pubilicity stunt with the cops trying to break into several criminals cell.

If there is a will, there is a way.

1 hour ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

source:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/hong-kong-police-seeks-to-hack-telegram-key-tool-in-protests-source-2_3139102.html

just too lazy to post in tech news ...

Epoch times have never been a reliable source of news.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

13 minutes ago, williamcll said:

Epoch times have never been a reliable source of news.

lots of fake news out there, even by "legitimate" "new" sources that have a huge presence in media.

cnn for one

1 minute ago, amdorintel said:

lots of fake news out there, even by "legitimate" "new" sources that have a huge presence in media.

cnn for one

Oh I am sure. Might as well put Alex Jones as my top radio source.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

1 minute ago, williamcll said:

Alex Jones

that guy is a joke!

same with tyt

good for a laugh, but there are few news worthy, and news trustworthy sources these days. need unbiased news

24 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I'm not aware of anyone having been able to break Telegram's encryption even once or having broken into their servers. Besides that, there's nothing you can do about it anyways.

Russia tried. Their response was to just ban it

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒