Walmart selling Stealth hoodies

Don Beto

not saying its all generic or junk or a scam

some top quality stuff is built there!

so i shouldnt have said ENTIRE

17 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

if it has "security" pockets on both sides I might actually buy it

... except that I might need to figure out shipping as someone who's not in the US ._.

always a pain

besides linus is in canada

is he drop shipping out of usa?

They're barely alike at all? The only thing similar between the two is the point on the front, and its vaguely coincidental that its called a "tech" fleece hoodie. But it comes in different colors as well. 

Also... its not owned by walmart, thats a russell athletic piece who is owned by fruit of the loom. And for some reason i highly, highly doubt that they stole the design, because i can recall hoodies and sweatshirts with very similar designs going back for years and years now guys.

There's no need to try and stir up drama where practically none exist. Especially over such a generic design. The reason to buy the LTT hoodie to to help support them and because its just a well made hoodie, and because you like the design, but you gotta realize its anything but a unique design in the slightest.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

3 minutes ago, Atmos said:

There's no need to try and stir up drama

ltt the company

ltt the forum

drama

without drama there is no money

Haha, similar, but not exact. I wonder rif it was more the designer saw this hoodie at some point and subliminally copied part of the design. Happens more often than you'd think. 

On 11/6/2019 at 3:29 PM, SenKa said:

Does not surprise me one bit, once you come up with a design that is manufactured in china (and I am assuming this is where LMG is buying them from?), its basically open season.

Haha, if anything they copied Russell, considering they've been in business for over 100 years, and produce clothing for many other brands. 

On 11/6/2019 at 3:35 PM, NumLock21 said:

Why is is called stealth hoodie?
When I wear it, I'm undetectable by radar?

I think it's the small LTT logo instead of something that screams I'm a walking billboard. 

On 11/6/2019 at 3:39 PM, minibois said:

It's a similar design - but come on.. It's a gray hoodie with some gray shape on it..

Hmm.. Must resist urge to make a joke about being a nerd and being invisible to the opposite gender...

Haha I'm a nerd and I've always been noticed by the opposite gender! 

*readies for fat joke*

On 11/6/2019 at 3:55 PM, amdorintel said:

that is so true, their entire culture is counterfeiting and authorities let them get away with it

no protections at all, none

I'm pretty sure the farmers growing crops to support their neighbors would disagree with you. Or the thousands of years of culture before that. Statements like that are horribly uneducated. I expect better from a fellow Canadian. 

On 11/6/2019 at 4:50 PM, Caroline said:

$17 vs $60

And Walmart is making a profit by selling it at that price. Let that sink in for a moment.

Anyone who thinks clothing made from synthetic fibers costs more than a dollar or two is delusional. Even 100% cotton is pretty cheap. 

On 11/6/2019 at 6:42 PM, TheKDub said:

It's not the LTT "Stealth" Hoodie, it's just one with a vaguely similar design.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Walmart one uses trash materials and is poor quality in general compared to the LTT hoodie.

Well, I mean, it is Walmart we're taking about.. 

On 11/6/2019 at 7:42 PM, Vitamanic said:

With their volume and crazy high CPM, they're pulling millions in ad revenue every year. Not to mention that similar sized channels have revealed six figure sponsorship prices. They're definitely not hard up for money, their clothing is just overpriced because they know people will buy it anyway.

They also have high running costs. Considering they have what, 24 employees that are paid pretty decently? Even if they were only paid $20/hr averaged, that's around $110k/mo in staff cost alone. Linus has said before they don't make that much off ad revenue. 

On 11/7/2019 at 8:52 AM, kpluck said:

Hoodies don't have zippers. ;) Don't know what those are.

The bigger question, is everything in the LTT shop so overpriced? WTF??

-kp

Overpriced compared to what? 

On 11/9/2019 at 12:34 AM, mr moose said:

I think you will find that counterfeit goods are not the entirety of their culture.  In fact if you ever meet someone who has spent any significant time in China you will find out that the average Chinese person is no more entitled, greedy or theifish than you average American. 

The bulk of their trade is from legitimate manufacturing, problems with counterfeit goods might be a problem at large, but to try and describe is as the entirety of their culture is foolish and uneducated.

I wonder how many times people have copied Chinese products over time. Since they've been around for fucking ever. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

8 minutes ago, Caroline said:

It costs them cents.

p.s.

ThreadNecro.jpg

It's two days....I don't think that really counts as a necro post ;)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

I wonder how many times people have copied Chinese products over time. Since they've been around for fucking ever. 

Like silk (which was a big one at the time), fireworks,   paper, the compass and printing.

And the reality is they probably designed half the tools and products we use today as design and engineering is often outsourced along with the production.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.