Multiple public IP addresses

Erbu

Hello! I got a Zyxel VMG3925-B10B and I need a few more public Ip's but can't find a up to date tutorial on how to do it

You can't...

The ip's come from your ISP and unless you have a very good reason, you aren't getting more than one.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

My internet service provides more than 1 ip address

4 minutes ago, Erbu said:

My internet service provides more than 1 ip address

Being able to use more than one public IP requires one of two setups:

1. A router that is capable of using more than one IP on the same interface, with features like 1-to-1 NAT, and port forwarding based on incoming IP in addition to incoming port. I doubt the router you have now has these features as it is a unit designed for consumer use.
  2. Put a switch before the router, and use more than one router. This requires you to have a modem, or a router with a bridge mode acting as a modem, so that the public IPs available to you are usable from an ethernet port.

Can you tell use what the IPs your ISP gives you look like? You can remove the middle digits, like 206.x.x.145

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

just stating the importance of removing the middle parts of your ip if you do share it like brwainer said.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

52 minutes ago, Erbu said:

My IP is [Numbers]

Stop. Don't share this. Even without that triplet don't share this unless you want people connecting to any public facing devices you have. 

Getting multiple public IP addresses from a single router usually requires your ISP to offer you at least one static IP address and one public DHCP address. 1:1 NAT or multiple WAN addresses are other ways to do it, but again you need an ISP that allows you to do that. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

1 minute ago, BrinkGG said:

Stop. Don't share this. Even without that triplet don't share this unless you want people connecting to any public facing devices you have. 

Getting multiple public IP addresses from a single router usually requires your ISP to offer you at least one static IP address and one public DHCP address. 1:1 NAT or multiple WAN addresses are other ways to do it, but again you need an ISP that allows you to do that. 

I edited it pls edit your comment to remove it form there

4 hours ago, brwainer said:

A router that is capable of using more than one IP on the same interface, with features like 1-to-1 NAT, and port forwarding based on incoming IP in addition to incoming port.

I'm not sure what 1:1 NAT and port forwarding has to do with this. They don't even work together hence why NAT and PAT exist.

Also why ask for his IP?

@OP if you want multiple IPs you will need to contact your ISP and they will give you a /29, aka a block of 5. It's going to cost you, and no, they will not give you just two IPs, nor will they give you a static and DHCP off the same modem. They only make exceptions for business accounts.

If you are still ok with paying for the IPs you will need a more prosumer router like a Mikrotik or used Cisco ASA where you can assign multiple IPs to a single interface and use zones for NAT and and what ever devices you want or need off the secondary IPs

5 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

I'm not sure what 1:1 NAT and port forwarding has to do with this. They don't even work together hence why NAT and PAT exist.

You can use 1:1 NAT and port forwarding together. I have 5 IPs at home, all on a Mikrotik. On the first IP, I do the normal stuff of opening some ports on the router for VPN, forwarding other ports for services, etc. Two of the IPs are 1:1 NAT. The final two are a mixture - certain ports are forwarded, and the rest are 1:1 NAT. This is easy to do on Mikrotik (or anything that uses the same or similar type of firewall stack, which is somewhat common on linux in general) by ordering the NAT rules properly. This would be difficult to do on other systems like WatchGuard and Fortinet. I suspect it can be done on PFSense and EdgeRouter but I haven’t tried.

5 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

Also why ask for his IP?

I asked for the IP because I suspected they only have one from their ISP, or that possibly they have CGNAT and/or IPv6. I assume as little as possible.

9 hours ago, Erbu said:

My IP is 91.xxx.xxx.186

So is this your only IP? Or do you also have .187, .188, etc? Or are the other IPs you have from a completely different set of numbers? I’m trying to understand what you have, in order to figure out how to help you better.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

7 hours ago, brwainer said:

You can use 1:1 NAT and port forwarding together. I have 5 IPs at home, all on a Mikrotik. On the first IP, I do the normal stuff of opening some ports on the router for VPN, forwarding other ports for services, etc. Two of the IPs are 1:1 NAT. The final two are a mixture - certain ports are forwarded, and the rest are 1:1 NAT. This is easy to do on Mikrotik (or anything that uses the same or similar type of firewall stack, which is somewhat common on linux in general) by ordering the NAT rules properly. This would be difficult to do on other systems like WatchGuard and Fortinet. I suspect it can be done on PFSense and EdgeRouter but I haven’t tried.

I asked for the IP because I suspected they only have one from their ISP, or that possibly they have CGNAT and/or IPv6. I assume as little as possible.

So is this your only IP? Or do you also have .187, .188, etc? Or are the other IPs you have from a completely different set of numbers? I’m trying to understand what you have, in order to figure out how to help you better.

I got it done with the help of my ISP, thanks for the help here anyways!