1 tb Wd blue or 1 tb Seagate Barracuda

Prasad001

Due to lower budget..at the time of build I only used 240gb ssd. Now I need to increase storage with at least 1 or 2 tb. Which 3.5 inch hdd is best"Wd blue or Seagate Barracuda"

2TB Seagate Compute is probably your best bet

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

As far as quality goes they are identical (at least both have less than 5% failure rate),  as far as performance goes I don't know, but for storage it probably doesn't matter.  I am using seagate barracuda's.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

If they are both the 7200rpm versions, it doesn't matter

At 2TB and up, the Blue is always 5400rpm. Slower, but quieter.

So it depends on what you find most important.. tbh you won't notice it is quieter. The drive will only spin when in use and will be audible in both scenarios.

So in short; 1TB: doesn't matter. 2TB+: I would get a Seagate because speed.

Be sure to have a backup of your data with either option.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I love when users here tell others to Google something. If he wanted to Google it he would of done it. There's a reason why he made a thread here. 

I had a barracuda hdd and it died in 2 years so based on my experience, I'd say go for the WD. I had a WD that lasted 14 years. 

7 hours ago, Hawick said:

I love when users here tell others to Google something. If he wanted to Google it he would of done it. There's a reason why he made a thread here. 

I had a barracuda hdd and it died in 2 years so based on my experience, I'd say go for the WD. I had a WD that lasted 14 years. 

And I've never had an issue with Barracudas. What did I do when I had this same question? I googled it. And the answer I found? Exactly what's being posted here.

Just one thing. The most basic version of BarraCuda is focused on machines that generally work 5 days a week for 8 hours. If you need a 24/7 hard drive, you should upgrade to the Pro version of the same product line, and it also offers a 5 year warranty. ??

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming