2070s compatible?

chriszzz1

planning to upgrade gpu, is my current PC compatible with rtx 2070 super

IMG_20191026_210749.jpg

10 minutes ago, chriszzz1 said:

What power supply?

Kind of pointless to run a 2070 super with a 1080p 60hz display though.

Could just use the same budget to get an $80-120 RX 480/580 8GB, which is still fine for 1080p gaming

and use the rest to upgrade to a 1080p 144hz or even a 240hz display if you play a lot of esports titles.

Or buy an RX 580 with a 4K display or TV, then upgrade your GPU some time down the line to run native 4K if you only need 60hz.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Your CPU would be a massive bottleneck, as it's only a quad core. You should probably get a RX 580 or GTX 1660, since you only have a 1080p 60Hz display it will be fine.

22 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

What power supply?

Kind of pointless to run a 2070 super with a 1080p 60hz display though.

Could just use the same budget to get an $80-120 RX 480/580 8GB, which is still fine for 1080p gaming

and use the rest to upgrade to a 1080p 144hz or even a 240hz display if you play a lot of esports titles.

Or buy an RX 580 with a 4K display or TV, then upgrade your GPU some time down the line to run native 4K if you only need 60hz.

I got a 1000w bronze.

I'm planning to upgrade the pc little by little, since Im planning to run AAA games like cyberpunk etc

2 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

Your CPU would be a massive bottleneck, as it's only a quad core. You should probably get a RX 580 or GTX 1660, since you only have a 1080p 60Hz display it will be fine.

Wut about my motherboard, do I need to change it?

25 minutes ago, chriszzz1 said:

I got a 1000w bronze.

I'm planning to upgrade the pc little by little, since Im planning to run AAA games like cyberpunk etc

Generally not advisable to do that, best to just buy more major upgrades at the same time, like your GPU and your display, because if you buy a 2070 super for example, you only need like 40-50% of that GPU to actually run 1080p 60fps.

Actually the Polaris GPUs, RX 470 - RX 580 just got Radeon Image Sharpening for DX12/Vulkan

So if you do get like one of the $100 GPUs + 4k display or TV, you can use that to get back some details while running games at 1080p.

And then in the far future when the "RX 5800" and 2080 super or RTX 3080 are cheap grab one of those to do native 4k gaming.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?