NZXT H510i with watercooling and cablemod vertical gpu bracket

kellogs12

Hey,

my gpu will be the 2070 super aorus. because it is a triple card slot it wont fit in the vertical gpu slot in the case.

I want to install the nzxt kraken x62 on the front. and then use the Cable mod vertical gpu bracket for the gpu. My question is will there be enough space? because i heard that the gpu mod will put the gpu a few centimeters in to the case.

Case NZXT 510i

exact length of the gpu is 290mm

IIRC the cooler master bracket is cheaper, and takes up 7 slots(the h510i has 7 pcie expansion slots). Using it rn and it works perfectly

1 minute ago, _d0nut said:

IIRC the cooler master bracket is cheaper, and takes up 7 slots(the h510i has 7 pcie expansion slots). Using it rn and it works perfectly

do u use it with the h510i and kraken x62?

5 minutes ago, kellogs12 said:

do u use it with the h510i and kraken x62?

I've seen people use it with the H500, and the cooler shouldn't matter unless it's a huge air cooler. As long as there are 7 pcie expansion slots it should work.

Also, the graphics card you mentioned is not 3 slot, it takes up 2 pcie slots but the cooler is thicker than 2 slots so it's like 2.5 slots(if that makes sense). I would almost never recommend using a case's inbuilt vertical gpu mount, because it usually places the gpu awfully close to the glass side panel. The cooler master vertical gpu mount should be completely fine and should not affect temperatures too much

5 hours ago, _d0nut said:

I've seen people use it with the H500, and the cooler shouldn't matter unless it's a huge air cooler. As long as there are 7 pcie expansion slots it should work.

Also, the graphics card you mentioned is not 3 slot, it takes up 2 pcie slots but the cooler is thicker than 2 slots so it's like 2.5 slots(if that makes sense). I would almost never recommend using a case's inbuilt vertical gpu mount, because it usually places the gpu awfully close to the glass side panel. The cooler master vertical gpu mount should be completely fine and should not affect temperatures too much

okey thank you guys. i will just try it once i have all parts. i will try it with the cable mod one and the coolermaster and will let you know if it works or not, so if someone else has this question he finds the answer.

• 3 months later...

Everything worked with the Cablemod bracket there is like 0.5mm gap between the radiator and the gpu.