Lian Li O11 Air

I'm gonna be remove my custom hardline loop around this December and go back to air cooling and wanted to switch my case too. I was looking at high airflow cases and the one that interested me the most was the Cooler Master H500P Mesh, but the problem was that I wanted to use a 360mm AIO but it wouldn't be smart to put it on top and I didn't want to switch the front 200mm fans for it either. My current favorite is the Lian Li 011 Air, but it's also the reason I'm making this post. I'm really interested in this case but the problem is that it has a lot of fan spots which isn't a problem but I don't want to use all of them so I was wondering which fan spots are okay to leave fanless, and where would I mount the 360 aio.

All help is much appreciated :).

Retrowave

Air cooled version of my first PC.

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K

Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO

Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste

Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC)

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 Memory

SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

SSD 2: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

HDD: WD Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda PRO 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3

Case: LIAN LI O11 Dynamic XL

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1000W 80+ Platinum Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Case Fans: Corsair LL120

Fan Controller: Corsair Commander Pro

Set Up

• Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite
  • Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma
  • Mousepad: Steelseries QcK Gaming Mousepad
  • Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278QR
  • Audio
    • AMP: Sennheiser GSX1000
    • Headphones: Sennheiser 58X
    • Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III
  • Oculus Rift + Touch 3 Sensor Roomscale Setup

12 minutes ago, GeorgeDouj88 said:

I'm really interested in this case but the problem is that it has a lot of fan spots which isn't a problem but I don't want to use all of them so I was wondering which fan spots are okay to leave fanless, and where would I mount the 360 aio.

Answer: Any and all. 

All the 360mm rad/fan locations have filters, and they all serve well as intake/exhausts (though the front filter is restrictive). Personally I would mount the 360 AIO to the side as it really showcases the rad/fans in a way most cases do not.

Additionally, I'd also recommend considering the Lian Li PC-O11D instead. A, it's cheaper than the O11Air By roughly $10 (sales and shopping locations vary), and B if you're using an AIO, the font mounted fan location on the Air are in a sense less useful than they would be for an Air tower cooler. However if you really like the look of the Air over the Dynamic, then there's no getting around that.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#m=62&t=4&B=3,4

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I have the Lian Li o-11 Dynamic and i find it great! Used all the fan slots though and my AIO is Push-Pull, not that it needed it but i didn't want to waste the fans i got with the AIO so i put them in the back and indeed the rad on the side looks really nice IMO.

12 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Answer: Any and all. 

All the 360mm rad/fan locations have filters, and they all serve well as intake/exhausts (though the front filter is restrictive). Personally I would mount the 360 AIO to the side as it really showcases the rad/fans in a way most cases do not.

Additionally, I'd also recommend considering the Lian Li PC-O11D instead. A, it's cheaper than the O11Air By roughly $10 (sales and shopping locations vary), and B if you're using an AIO, the font mounted fan location on the Air are in a sense less useful than they would be for an Air tower cooler. However if you really like the look of the Air over the Dynamic, then there's no getting around that.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#m=62&t=4&B=3,4

I really like the O11 Air so I'm sticking with that, but I have considered the O11D. And about the fans, I want to mount a maximum of 10 fans because I have to dedicate 2 to an aftermarket gpu cooler I'm getting and I want to use corsair fans so everything can be connected with corsair link using a commander pro (which takes 6 fans) so if I use 2 commander pros then I could use up to 12 fans, meaning 10 for the case after giving 2 to the gpu. I'm thinking of having the RAD on the side (back when you're looking into the case), fans at the front, and fans at the top. I just wanted to confirm would that be a good setup?

Retrowave

Set Up

• Audio

9 minutes ago, GeorgeDouj88 said:

I really like the O11 Air so I'm sticking with that, but I have considered the O11D. And about the fans, I want to mount a maximum of 10 fans because I have to dedicate 2 to an aftermarket gpu cooler I'm getting and I want to use corsair fans so everything can be connected with corsair link using a commander pro (which takes 6 fans) so if I use 2 commander pros then I could use up to 12 fans, meaning 10 for the case after giving 2 to the gpu. I'm thinking of having the RAD on the side (back when you're looking into the case), fans at the front, and fans at the top. I just wanted to confirm would that be a good setup?

if your going to install your gpu horizontaly you might want to install some fans at the bottom as intake fans as they wil blow cool air right on your GPU, since your going to install your rad at the side its not that its going to hurt your CPU temps. i have 3 bottom as intake, 3 side as intake and 3 top as exhaust, seemed the more logical aproach for me. my temps seem really good IMO. 9700K not going over 72°C and is pinned at 4.9GHz and my GPU is not going over 60ish°C while gaming and that one is overclocked too, runs at 2010 MHz. i like my case, probably could do a better overclock but i tried a nice boost but wasn't willing to risk to much i think, but yeah. Why are you so drawn to the O11 Air if i may ask?

35 minutes ago, sabre350Z said:

if your going to install your gpu horizontaly you might want to install some fans at the bottom as intake fans as they wil blow cool air right on your GPU, since your going to install your rad at the side its not that its going to hurt your CPU temps. i have 3 bottom as intake, 3 side as intake and 3 top as exhaust, seemed the more logical aproach for me. my temps seem really good IMO. 9700K not going over 72°C and is pinned at 4.9GHz and my GPU is not going over 60ish°C while gaming and that one is overclocked too, runs at 2010 MHz. i like my case, probably could do a better overclock but i tried a nice boost but wasn't willing to risk to much i think, but yeah. Why are you so drawn to the O11 Air if i may ask?

i like tempered glass but it's just a little too much. Also shouldn't I put fans on the front, also since the gpu blows down

EDIT: I keep using also and bad grammar cause im too lazy to formulate my thoughts lol, I don't actuall speak like that

Retrowave

Set Up

• Audio

7 hours ago, GeorgeDouj88 said:

i like tempered glass but it's just a little too much. Also shouldn't I put fans on the front, also since the gpu blows down

EDIT: I keep using also and bad grammar cause im too lazy to formulate my thoughts lol, I don't actuall speak like that

If you do use the front, removed the included front filter, and replace it with a better mesh. The one they use for the front specifically is super restrictive (perhaps if you use the top fans as exhaust, use that included filter for the front intake)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25