Can't remember who made my old case

Coltaine
Go to solution Solved by Hans Christian | Teri,

That's a Chieftec Dragon. Very popular case about 10 years ago, one of the greats of its time.

For whatever reason I've gotten a bit obsessed with remembering what my old PC case's name and manufacturer is, but I can't remember anything about it at all, and it seems I bought it from somewhere other than the usual place I buy PC stuff from. Because they keep the order history all the way back to the first time I bought anything from them and this case isn't on there. What I do know is that it's not an Avantech Medium tower w/300W PSU and it's not a Cooler Master Storm Trooper as those are the only other cases I've ever owned personally.

Some pictures, I'm a terrible photographer and I couldn't be bothered to charge my camera for this, so phone pictures ahoy:

Front, there's a door thing missing there to cover up the 5.25" bays

20140206_020047.jpg

The back, well, you can fit some kind of monster PSU in this thing it seems, nothing really special here.

20140206_020114.jpg

The only sidepanel you'll ever need to remove from this case, with a lock and easy access door handle. Oh and it has little feet.

20140206_020032.jpg

(Yeah, this is the second case I've ever owned 2006, not exactly modern)

20140206_020308.jpg

There's a plastic thing missing here, I think I tore it out because it was always in the way. But I think you could mount a HDD and a couple of 80mm fans on there with some plastic clip thingies. I'm pretty sure this was one of the very early "tool less" cases. It spanned the entire length of the case door and it would swing out on a hinge.

20140206_020151.jpg

Hard drive bays, these are noisy as all hell, no rubber vibration dampeners here.. Wumm wummmm wummmm wuwuwuwwuwu.

20140206_020255.jpg

Front plastic stripped off, as you can see you can fit a whopping 3 80mm fans in the front there(and two in the back and two on the side panel)

20140206_020806.jpg

And finally, as its main use is now to entertain my cat and me leaving random books and stuff on when I walk out of my livingroom:

20140205_001327.jpg

So, anyone have any idea who made this?

I'm one of the few people I know that tend to repair electronics with a smith's hammer on a regular basis.

That's a Chieftec Dragon. Very popular case about 10 years ago, one of the greats of its time.

very popular, but very ugly :)

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

THAT THING IS F******** HUGE

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

very popular, but very ugly :)

Well that's what we had to work with back then. :) I personally quite like it, although maybe mostly because it was one of the big ones just when I started the whole obsession around modding. Here's a mod by a Danish guy (azazel at bit-tech) called Purple Dragon, definitely my favorite mod from the era. Great purple paintjob and smoked acrylic windows. One of the only mods that was a little conservative and not all out there flashing lights in your face. Very nice fit and finish. (this is the mid tower version btw) Pictures are of course by azazel and not me. Rest of his build thread can be found on bit-tech here http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=132802

pdpbittech066ps7.jpg

pdpbittech064jw3.jpg

Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

And it's not that huge, it's just really really tall.

I'm one of the few people I know that tend to repair electronics with a smith's hammer on a regular basis.