Good amp for Beyerdynamic dt 990 Pro's?

cottontails2

Looking for an amp that isn't too pricey that will power my Beyerdynamic dt 990 Pro 80 ohm headphones. The volume is too low for me and the bass isn't very strong. Any suggestions that will fit my needs in the $50 range or do i need to spend a lot more than that?

3 hours ago, rice guru said:

Fiio e10k is a little more but should be enough

Hey i saw your posts from another article where you say not to go with the Fiio e10k, why would you recommend that to me specifically? I mean i am trying to budget, but i'm willing to save up for something more suitable if necessary. A lot of people are telling the op not to go with that one, so i'm just trying to be cautious.

Here is your post from this topic 

"worth it just not with a e10k. also if you wanna get a dac amp and are considering schiit stack consder monoprice liquid spark or the jds labs atom as they are significantly bettter than a magni and the same price. . liquid spark comes with a unique bright sound that come s with the cavelli name. and the atom is great amp that's pure substance no form its a plastic box that sounds like it should be 3x the price. "

also this,

"I used the e10k with my dt 990 pro it powered it but like it just gets loud at high gain at max settings. I found getting a more powerful amp like the liquid spark the bassand sound stage got significantly better"

Based off that it seems it would give me the loudness i'm after, but not the bass.

20 minutes ago, Cottontails said:

Hey i saw your posts from another article where you say not to go with the Fiio e10k, why would you recommend that to me specifically? I mean i am trying to budget, but i'm willing to save up for something more suitable if necessary. A lot of people are telling the op not to go with that one, so i'm just trying to be cautious.

Here is your post from this topic 

"worth it just not with a e10k. also if you wanna get a dac amp and are considering schiit stack consder monoprice liquid spark or the jds labs atom as they are significantly bettter than a magni and the same price. . liquid spark comes with a unique bright sound that come s with the cavelli name. and the atom is great amp that's pure substance no form its a plastic box that sounds like it should be 3x the price. "

also this,

"I used the e10k with my dt 990 pro it powered it but like it just gets loud at high gain at max settings. I found getting a more powerful amp like the liquid spark the bassand sound stage got significantly better"

Based off that it seems it would give me the loudness i'm after, but not the bass.

I have the 990 250 ohm which are much harder to drive than the 80 ohm. The fiio e10 k has taken a decent amount of discounts since made those comments and are more often found for arou. $60-70 which I would say is pretty decent deal. But if you can stretch your budget the liquid spark or the fiio k3 or fiio k5 pro are also great options