I7-9700K Usage/Temps in CS:GO

Hi guys,

i´ve noticed that my i7-9700k is suffering from heavy usage - and therefore also temperature spikes when playing CS:GO. Most of the time the usage is hovering around 25-40% and the temperatures are also fine - sitting between 57-63° C. (I´m using the Noctua NH-D15 cooler). Sometimes the usage spikes up to 80 and sometimes even 95% while the temps are rising up to 82° C. Obviously my CPU-Cooler fans are ramping up heavily if that happens. I´ve noticed that this issue also depends on the map i´m playing. On some maps it happens quite often and on others just from time to time. I should note that i´m not running any background tasks while playing and apart from this CS:GO issue, there are no such problems with the CPU when playing other games i.e.. I did also play around with the Graphic-Settings, but nothing changed. I´m getting around 250-300 FPS depending on the settings. I know that such high framerates do put heavy load on the CPU- but that much is concerning for me. 
Do you guys have any ideas why this is happening and whether it is normal? If it isn´t - are there ways to fix it? 

Thanks in advance! 

3 minutes ago, EPPHO said:

Normal behavior. Also normal temps in my opinion.

Thanks for your reply! How are such big fluctuations normal though? Could you elaborate it for me, so i understand? 

CS-Go is quite CPU intensive esp. if you want these high fps. Depending on how the map is designed, how much stuff is put into it , how many players, how many nades and gunfights are happening this can up your cpu usage. And as you know increased usage = increased temps = increased fan speed. 
The GPU is not making a huge impact in CS-Go, CPU is doing most of the work. 
Otherwise it's okay to have a high utilization, that means your cpu is working with all it got/ the game is using all its ressources. I am using AMD so idk about the temp. but as above mentioned I'd also say temps are fine. 

8 hours ago, Nickel16 said:

Thanks for your reply! How are such big fluctuations normal though? Could you elaborate it for me, so i understand? 

@C10H13NO2 explained it :D

You didn't mention your OC if you had one.   If your running base,  yeah you might have a problem.   If your @5Ghz,  well,  that looks like it might be normal.

On 10/24/2019 at 7:11 PM, Spook161 said:

You didn't mention your OC if you had one.   If your running base,  yeah you might have a problem.   If your @5Ghz,  well,  that looks like it might be normal.

Oh sorry, totally forgot. I´m running stock settings since i kinda lost out on the silicon lottery. My CPU will only be stable at 5 GHz if i increase the voltage to 1,4V+, which i´m not really comfortable with.